Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been reading these posts for the last few months b/c I knew I wanted an Xterra and I'm a big fan of larger-than-stock tires. Well, a month ago I bought a Silver '07 OR and decided to put on some 285/75/16 Wrangler Silent Armors thanks to all the information on this site. I don't do a whole lot of crazy off-roading - I mainly use my X to get me up the 4x4 roads to the various Colorado trailheads as I am a hiker and climber.

As has been said before, there was very slight rubbing on the way home from Discount Tire. The rubbing was on a very thin piece of plastic (wheel well liner) and won't do any damage to your tire. You can just feel it slightly when you turn. So when I got home I modified the plastic a bit just to get it out of the way.

The Silent Armors are pretty nice. After looking at online pictures, I was a little worried that they wouldn't look as rugged as the BFG ATs or the Revos, but when I saw them in person, I was pleasantly surprised. Not to mention that there was no increase in noise level over the stock tires. The downside is that they're heavier than the other two AT tires I looked at, though I haven't done the calculation yet to see how bad it hurt my mpg.

Anyway, thanks for all the info out there. Here's a pic:

James

·
on line
1,884 Posts
James

we don't allow climbers from Colorado here... :geek:

J/K welcome aboard. See you at the trailheads!

·
on line
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pinstripe is something the dealer did for probably $10 and then tried to charge me $100. I told him to take it off then, cuz I didn't want it. Then he said he'd do me a favor and give it to me for free. Needless to say, I'm not a big fan of car salesmen...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts