Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I'm just introducing my self! I'm new in Calgary and I bought a month ago a 2013 Xterra Pro-4X.
Since I'm new in the city, can anyone tell me if there is a close trail to Calgary where I can go to try my X?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Welcome.

The two areas around us are McLean Creek (8 km south west of Bragg Creek) and Waiparous/Ghost Valley which is west of the city and north of Highway 1A.

Pity you didn't sign up a couple of days ago, several people went out on Sunday for a run at McLean creek.

Careful going out alone though, can get stuck inthe mud and they're not convient places to get out of.

·
Registered
550 Posts
DID YOU BRING US DIESELS FROM SOUTH AMERICA????
yeah the trail run on sunday was a blast!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome. Yes, you should have bought a diesel Nissan in SA and brought it up here. Got snow tires yet? Might need those shortly.
Yeah, a diesel would be nice here in Canada. Now I realize how cheap is the gas back in my country. With $3 dollars I was able to fill up a 70 liters tank! Imagine that! It was more expensive to get a can of pepsi than fill up my truck tank!

I already bought the snow tires. I pay $140/tire, they're firestone. I bought it at nissan stadium, those were they cheapest I was able to find.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I want to go to those places that you told me on the last post.
What are the difficulties there? Do I need mods on my X?

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Everything from easy to stupid hard.

There are several fun trails that can be done totally stock (just need to know what you're doing and pick the right line or get spotted through).

Ghost Valley/Waiparious is probably more stock friendly than McLean with tires being the mod needed there because of the snow/ice on some of the slopes at this time of year.

You probably want to either put on a rear tow hitch or some other rear tow point (X doesn't have one stock) as a first thing to consider. There's a couple of other options on here, a quick search should pull them up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
One of the more important things to understand about 4 wheeling here is that Alberta mud is like a lifeform of its own. It is nasty stuff and easy to get stuck in and near impossible to get out of. Def want to go wheeling with friends who can pull you out. Going solo is not a good idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts