Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be picking up my new X tomorrow am and I have two questions.

1. The dealer picked it up and drove it (all highway) to his dealership from around 120 miles away, any break in concerns?

2. I ordered a Shrockworks Slider set for my OR, any concerns that it will be sitting on a stock suspension?

Thanks and I will be checking in often. :pirate:

·
TNX Administrator
20,367 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
4,919 Posts
:drunken: Welcome! :drunken:

My dealer did the same thing, but drove it for around 90 Miles. As long as they weren't horsin' the pi$$ out of it, you should be fine. They should definately be familiar with how you should break in an engine and what not to do with a brand new car. I'm usually more worried of the mechanic taking it for a "test drive" once it's been worked on.

As far as the sliders on the stock suspension, you have nothing to worry about. It is the best 1st mod in most people's opinions.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Welcome to the club. :wave:

·
on line
564 Posts
Welcome!

Rob

·
on line
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all.

I am in Orange County NY and a former Jeep Wrangler Rubicon owner who (after a drive from NY to Montana/Colorado) decided I need more room and comfort without losing off road capability.

I look forward to meeting with other X-fans and learning much more about this great vehicle and it's capabilities.

Jeff Patterson

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Welcome aboard.

The most stuck I ever got was in my first jeep running around in OC New York...

And I'll throw in my vote for no worries on the sliders. I've had them and a Front Bumper on my stock suspension for close to 2 years with no issues.

·
on line
104 Posts
My Family and friends live all around the OC area (although not actually IN OC). Once I get my X maybe we can hook up somewhere and find a few trails to ride!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts