Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I have been reading on this site for a couple weeks now and thought I would finally say hello! I would show you pictures of my X, but it isn't here yet. We had the dealer search a huge area for what we wanted, but could not find anything closer than Connecticut that was the least bit similar, so we decided to factory order one.

We ordered a Desert Stone Off-Road with the 6spd, tow package, cargo cover, and dimming mirror. The dealer placed the order on Feb 7th and told us it should be in by Mar 31st. Now the hard part is waiting!

Did anyone else on this board factory order their X? If so, what kind of timeframe did you experience? Thanks in advance.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Hello ... and I suppose welcome ... to a fellow newbie, though I'm not sure I quite get the privelage of welcoming yet.

Anyway, when my dealer was having trouble locating what I wanted, we briefly discussed ordering and he said not to be surprised if the lead time was as much as 3 months or more. Luckily they were able to find what I wanted after digging a bit harder and I didn't have to find out what the timeframe would have really been.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your dealer wasn't jerking your chain, and that the truck actually shows up when he said it would (or there abouts) ... I can sympathize, though, waiting (for anything you really want) is definately rough. It'll be worth it, though ... I just can't stop smiling every time I look at the darn thing (I picked mine up yesterday). :cheers:

-Jonathan

·
TNX Administrator
20,252 Posts

·
on line
432 Posts
Since I can see the Nissan plant from my house I'll keep an eye out for it. Haha :geek:

Congrats!

·
on line
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome everybody! The mods will be coming as soon as the X gets to my driveway. I have an AVIC-D3 sitting in my computer room waiting to be installed :) I am also thinking about getting my rugged trails swapped out for BFG All Terrains as soon as we get it, if I can find a tire store that will take them on trade for a good price.

I test drove an Xterra X at the dealer to get a feel for the engine with the 6spd and I LOVED IT! That VQ has some power! It has much more pep than our current ride, a 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Z71. My main concern was that I wouldn't fit in the X or be able to work the clutch since I am 6'6", but the new generation is much roomier than the older ones.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: When I went into my local dealer to order mine in Dec 2005, the salesman said, "let me talk to the Manager" heard that before???

--Well, they weren't talking about prices, seems as though the Dealer had one "STORED" in their warehouse for a "friend" and he offered it to me, for MSRP- minus delivery--

--It was exactly my order, but hadn't even been prep'd, so I took it, 3 days later 12 Dec 2005--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
2,004 Posts
vtengineer said:
Hey all! I have been reading on this site for a couple weeks now and thought I would finally say hello! I would show you pictures of my X, but it isn't here yet. We had the dealer search a huge area for what we wanted, but could not find anything closer than Connecticut that was the least bit similar, so we decided to factory order one.

We ordered a Desert Stone Off-Road with the 6spd, tow package, cargo cover, and dimming mirror. The dealer placed the order on Feb 7th and told us it should be in by Mar 31st. Now the hard part is waiting!

Did anyone else on this board factory order their X? If so, what kind of timeframe did you experience? Thanks in advance.

Welcome. If I were you, I'd go to www.shrockworks.com and order up as much as you can, heck I'd order everything. so by the time you get the truck, ur armor will be done or almost done. hence the wait time is killed.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
vtengineer said:
I test drove an Xterra X at the dealer to get a feel for the engine with the 6spd and I LOVED IT! That VQ has some power!
The growl you get on throttle lift when shifting the MT has me grinning ear to ear every time; and rowing that transmission much more than I need to, I'm sure ... and I haven't even done an intake or exhaust yet (all in good time). I guess there really is a reason that the VQ has been winning awards left and right since it came out.

vtengineer said:
My main concern was that I wouldn't fit in the X or be able to work the clutch since I am 6'6", but the new generation is much roomier than the older ones.
I was really impressed by both the clutch and transmission, as well as the room (I'm 6'4", so I can understand your concerns). One of the first things I noticed when I was test driving was that the cockpit (yeah yeah, chuckle all you want :cyclopsani: ) seemed like it had just as much room as my Bronco ... which is really saying something. Headroom is also quite impressive.

But enough confirmation of stuff we already knew ... enjoy the anticipation and build up to your big day.

-Jonathan

·
on line
2,004 Posts
skibum315 said:
vtengineer said:
I test drove an Xterra X at the dealer to get a feel for the engine with the 6spd and I LOVED IT! That VQ has some power!
The growl you get on throttle lift when shifting the MT has me grinning ear to ear every time; and rowing that transmission much more than I need to, I'm sure ... and I haven't even done an intake or exhaust yet (all in good time). I guess there really is a reason that the VQ has been winning awards left and right since it came out.

vtengineer said:
My main concern was that I wouldn't fit in the X or be able to work the clutch since I am 6'6", but the new generation is much roomier than the older ones.
I was really impressed by both the clutch and transmission, as well as the room (I'm 6'4", so I can understand your concerns). One of the first things I noticed when I was test driving was that the cockpit (yeah yeah, chuckle all you want :cyclopsani: ) seemed like it had just as much room as my Bronco ... which is really saying something. Headroom is also quite impressive.

But enough confirmation of stuff we already knew ... enjoy the anticipation and build up to your big day.

-Jonathan
Sadly the acceleration on the VQ doesn't impress me at all. I had an Audi previously. it's slower than the X, but o man the sound it makes when it accelerates gives me a turn on. I still get to drive it every now and then.

·
on line
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea, I have to say the room is impressive, but not extremely wide like my fullsize bronco. I do not feel cramped in the X, and thats the most important part :), not to mention the bronco only gets 10mpg.

As for places to wheel in the state, I have been trying to find information online with any trails that are not just for ATVs and dirtbikes, but haven't found any. There are some areas to ride around here from old strip mines etc, but I have yet to find actual trails in the region. My wife's cousin grew up here and he knows all the good places to go, so I am going to hit some trails with him this spring.

·
on line
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We just got the call from the dealer that our X will be in this Monday or Tuesday! I cannot wait woohoo!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts