Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I currently dont own a 2nd Gen yet but I do own a 2002 Shock Blue Xterra. But I am planning on getting a 2nd Gen in a year or sooner. By joining this site I look to gain as much knowledge about the 2nd Gen Xterra.

Ive read up on Titan swaps and the horrors of the strawberry milk shake for the 05-06. So in my search for a new Xterra those are years I plan on staying away from since I do plan on buying used. I just cant afford new.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Mm, Shock Blue. The first gens have all the best colors.

I would advise starting your search for 07s and up, which was when the radiator issue was supposedly corrected. I believe 11+ have different radiators all together. If you're only finding 05-06 models, just examine them carefully and immediately do the radiator bypass. Nissan did extend the warranty on those components, I think to 85k but don't quote me on that.

Where are you located? Could be that a member near you is selling a built rig.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mm, Shock Blue. The first gens have all the best colors.

I would advise starting your search for 07s and up, which was when the radiator issue was supposedly corrected. I believe 11+ have different radiators all together. If you're only finding 05-06 models, just examine them carefully and immediately do the radiator bypass. Nissan did extend the warranty on those components, I think to 85k but don't quote me on that.

Where are you located? Could be that a member near you is selling a built rig.
I agree.. I didn't know anything about the bypass at all when I bought my 05, but in the process, the second dealership I took it to for a second opinion when buying... he recommended the bypass and later did the work immediately when I bought it.

So, just inspect closely and get it done immediately if you do find a 05-06 you like..

Cheers and welcome!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have an 08' and still did the bypass. I did a lot of research before buying my X and the 08's have most of the goodies that the new ones do but you can get them for relatively cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts