Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my new brush gruad and im pretty happy with it i know its not a shrock works bumer but i dont really offroad so this will do just fine for what i want to do. so here it is with 4 hella 500 driving lights on the brush guard. they are nothooked up thou i didnt have enought time to day to wire them up so i just did the mounting. the install for the guard was easy eccept for takeing off the recovery hook that was a bitch to do.

this is after i put it on

mounting the lights

and finally the lights

once i get them hooked up i will post some pics with the lights on and maybe a how to of how i did it. next up for me is lights on the roof and a 2.5 inch lift

·
on line
331 Posts
looks great where did you get it? Is that a nissan grill guard or some other brand?

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow i post some pics and i still get greef for having one lol o well its a autoxtreme 3 pce brush guard but yes i know the risks with having one and i still bought it. but really i use my truck for camping sking and snowboarding but i love the look that it gave me and it was a great place to put my lights

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Well, i wont bust on you for having a brush gaurd.

I think it looks pretty cool. You will be able to blind folks with all that lighting.

What lift are you looking at getting? Since your not blazing the trails offroad, i assume you will be going budget? Maybe a spacer and shackle lift?

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
most likly going with a spacer posibly a calmini or a add a leaf i have to look into it a lil more takin it one this at a time but i would love to ride those lights on the road but cant unless no ones around but when i camp and stuff they will be great. but if the lift if the next project, only thins is im not too sure on how to do it lol

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i live in northern new jersey. your set up looks sick the way you did the lights i thought about doing that but i already have some lights by my lisence plate. i have a question thou does your guard shake at all if you hit bumps? i tightened the bolts all the way and there still is some shaking

·
on line
125 Posts
looks good man, I have a Waag center grille guard that I am awaiting. My situation is the same as yours, I do not go offroading, and if I do it will be very very light offroading. I love the look of the guard with the lights. nice job

·
on line
131 Posts
I like it, too. Rock on with the guard and lights!

·
on line
432 Posts
I just wanted to get a simple bar up front, I guess it would count as a bull bar but I want it to be useful. Would like to have some rubber stops sticking out and be able to push other vehicles and things with it when required and not bend back. Any ideas on something like that?

Great pics too, love the look.

- Russell

·
on line
1,208 Posts
we arnt busting on your for having a brush guard, we just want you to be informed about the risk of having one of those on your vehicle. they look cool, and do help with brush, they just are not good to have on a vehicle when you get into an accident because they cause more damage to your own vehicle than if you didnt have it on there.

The pics look great, and i cant wait to see some with the lights on. rock on man. :)

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
russell you can always get a brush guard without the guards for the lights but i have some new pics that i will put up to show you all so when i come home from school i will put them up

·
on line
97 Posts
For you guys that installed this. Who used the optional mounting brackets that it came with? I'm thinking about using those optional brackets to stiffen up the brush guard. I removed the grill and looked at it, and it looks like I'm needing to notch the very top of the bumper for the bracket to fit. I figure the grill will cover it up anyway. I'm just hoping I don't have to notch the bottom of the grill for the brackets to fit. Anyone have close up pics they can post? Or any pointers? Thanks..!!

·
on line
4,919 Posts
I notched the top of the bumper in order to put the support brackets on. At first I tried it w/out them, but the grille guard shook going over bumps.

I also notched the bottom of the grille so that I could run my wires through the gap. It wasn't all that noticable. Just dont go crazy and cut out more than you need. I used a dremmel; worked pretty well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts