Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's spring break!!!!!....that mean i get multiple days to install all the crap that's been sitting around my house waiting to be installed!!!

first off, the stereo!!!!, the alpine headunit was installed several weeks ago, yesterday i got the change to install the sirius receiver that is not accepting satellite radio!!! HAHAHA!!!!! in fact it is used as an FM modulator to control.....also, front speaker are polk audio and rears and alpines!

and....

...for those who cannot tell, that's a kenwood 10 disc changer under the driver's seat and a kenwood music keg under the passenger seat!!!...ummmmmm, 40 gigs of music AND 10 cds :cheers:

next up, the real satellite radio!!!!

.....XM receiver (only because it was free and i didn't feel like spending 50 bucks for the one that would allow my headunit to receiver satellite)....it is another FM modulator....i tuned the two modulators to the same station, the sirius receiver over powers the xm on, so i can easily switch back and forth!!!!

my dual 10 inch JL audio subs are still sitting in my basement, they'll be installed later!

next up, although it's not electrical, it will be once i get the wiring kit!!!

yup, now i can pull things!!!!

well, not exactly, i need that wiring harness, and i now need to replace the fuse for the wiring harness hook up because i used it to replace the illumination one that i accidentally blew hooking up these bad boys!!!

the teaser pics!!!

yes, they are installed in the front air dam, yes they look good in person, and yes i think i installed them a little too close to eachother, lol.....but they're almost straight!!!!

write-up will come as soon as i finish the wiring!!!....but i'm going camping for the next two days, so it may not happen till next week!!!

enjoy, comments and questions welcome as always!!!

oh yeah, i also removed the step sides, and switched to amsoil this week!!!

·
on line
564 Posts
Looks GOOD!

I'll be moving to MD this November, maybe we'll bump into each other.

Rob

·
on line
564 Posts
willgr1 said:
thanks!!!
lol, by november i'll hopefully be in florida!, i'm heading south in july..
Ok...maybe I'll see ya in FL. What part ya going to? I've got family and a house in J-ville, and family in Tampa and Gainseville.

Rob

·
on line
197 Posts
robnfl said:
Looks GOOD!

I'll be moving to MD this November, maybe we'll bump into each other.

Rob
Not trying to hijack the thread, but...where abouts in MD? Like the avatar as I used to have one also...minus the 2 Stars though! I'm currently working under NAVAIR in the Patuxent River area...appears you're coming from NAS Lemoore?

·
on line
564 Posts
krucam said:
Not trying to hijack the thread, but...where abouts in MD? Like the avatar as I used to have one also...minus the 2 Stars though! I'm currently working under NAVAIR in the Patuxent River area...appears you're coming from NAS Lemoore?
Yeah, sorry about hi-jacking the thread....

Small world...I'm headed to AIR 6.0 in Nov/Dec time frame.

How's the off road'n out that way?

Rob

·
on line
197 Posts
robnfl said:
krucam said:
Yeah, sorry about hi-jacking the thread....

Small world...I'm headed to AIR 6.0 in Nov/Dec time frame.

How's the off road'n out that way?

Rob
I'm under the AIR 4.5.9 group in St. Inigoes. For wheelin, nothing really in Southern Maryland unless you want to play around the newly broken land and cleared trees for the new housing developments...not that I'd ever do that...

I'm sure you've heard of the Rausch Creek and Paragon parks in PA, Rausch is probably 4-5 hours away. I'll be checking out one or the other in July with the ECXC event hopefully.

Good luck,

Mark C.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
krucam said:
I'm under the AIR 4.5.9 group in St. Inigoes. For wheelin, nothing really in Southern Maryland unless you want to play around the newly broken land and cleared trees for the new housing developments...not that I'd ever do that...

....yup, that's about all there is in MD....i tried finding a place to do some wheeling an hour ago, only place i found had a huge hump right at the entrance i knew i couldn't clear....it as by some farm land

·
on line
1,574 Posts
how did you put your hu on the bottom of your DIN kit. it seems no one can tell me. i need mine on bottom bc i can hardly read my screen with sunlight

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the install kit i got from tweeter used the factory metal brackets, the storage box thingy was totally separate from the headunit, so i just bolted in in the exact same spots you would doing it the other way around.....the only issue i had with the install, and i had it no matter which arrangement i used...was the plastic border that can with the headunit, it was too tall and i couldn't get the console back in place, so i just removed it....i'll have to fab something up later, so there's a little gap around my headunit now if you look closely.

hope that makes sense

·
on line
1,574 Posts
ha, i just did it. i cant believe iv never tried that before. i feel stupid now...

·
on line
189 Posts
lloooking good broo

wat is that on your botton of your seat
is it a ampp

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kenwood music keg under the passenger seat.....40 gig hard drive that i can load song on to from my computer and plug into the box.....it's like having a 500 disc cd changer in your car!!!....and a 10 disc cd changer under the driver seat!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts