Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new fob, programmed it about a week ago, have used it multiple times since then and just parked today at a state park the fob locked the doors, three hours later came back and no matter how many times I press the button the doors won't unlock or lock (after manually unlocking with the key) but the LED on the fob lights up when I press the button. I can't seem to find others with a similar issue but figured I'd try on here.
Thanks

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
1,504 Posts
Did you swap a newer battery for the new battery? (Just because the led glows doesn’t necessarily mean it has enough power to transmit.)

Try programming again?

Led? None of mine have an led…. Pix? Is it for an aftermarket alarm or other such gizmo?

Reactions: campisi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a two pack of FOB/switchblade keys I ordered. I only paid to have one cut and transponder programmed. Turns out, similar to the post above, the chip was bad itself. I swapped the chip (which thankfully is separate from the transponder) from the other FOB and everything works now. So I guess beware of the cheap FOBs on Amazon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts