Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to keep dirtying up the powertrain forum with this particular issue. I have my new engine and swapping accessories over now. I'm looking for pointers on making the install easier and anything else I should do now while it's out. New engine has 31k.

I already have new motor mounts and DT headers. New thermostat and probably water pump are going in. Going to do spark plugs and all fluids. Anything I'm missing?

Do I need to expect issues with the ECM?

I also got the engine from the northeast and it has some nasty looking white buildup on the outside. Calcium from the roads? Is there a good way to clean this stuff off? Bolt heads are rusted and I'm going to replace as many of those as I can. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Hmmm tough one if it has 31K. Normally I'd say waterpump, thermostat, rear main seal, valve cover gaskets, plugs.....but that engine is still new. Are you able to verify the mileage by carfax or anything?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Finished it up today.

Replaced T-stat, hoses, most clamps and used the cleaner components/brackets from my old engine. Dropped the differential to make access easier. Marked everything and took pictures to aid in the re-assembly. Left the harness on the truck and reused it because the 2010 harness was slightly different on some sensors (O2 had different number of wires and oil pressure sensor was different plug) than my 2006. Also looked easier to leave the harness on the truck as opposed to pulling it from the transmission and rear/underside of the truck.

Some issues once we initially tried it but sorted them out. Have an SES code we haven't checked yet but drives fine. Approximately 16 hours of labor, could have gone faster but wasn't in a rush. Pumped to have a nearly new engine in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts