1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a 2005 Xterra with the RF system and wanted to get this deck for it: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0079LGLH4/...=I4PFTMRIMJT0I

I know this will fit and all, but I'm still unsure about what adapters I need for the factory amp. So far I have the Axxess ASWC-1, the Metra dash kit... but I've also read that you can use this instead of the metra harness and a LOC:

http://www.amazon.com/ROEMNIS2-Inter.../dp/B000CE9OY2

Would this be all I need?

check crutchfield.com or give them a call and theyll be able to tell you exactly what you will need to install it

·
Registered
136 Posts
i know this is a few days old, but i just installed a Kenwood double din on my 2005 Xterra.

All I needed was the Axxess ASWC-1 and the metra wiring harness 70-7550. i bought the 7551 but the rca jacks were hitting the back crossbar on the xterra so i got the one with only wires. I dont know what the dask kit would be used for unless you plan on getting a single din and having a cubby under the radio

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know this is a few days old, but i just installed a Kenwood double din on my 2005 Xterra.

All I needed was the Axxess ASWC-1 and the metra wiring harness 70-7550. i bought the 7551 but the rca jacks were hitting the back crossbar on the xterra so i got the one with only wires. I dont know what the dask kit would be used for unless you plan on getting a single din and having a cubby under the radio
I'm assuming you have the Rockford Fosgate system? If so, when you used the non-RCA harness, did you have to also buy a line out converter? You have pics of the install out of curiosity?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I didn't take any pictures... wife didn't want me being outside too long with a one month old. I do have the RF system but didn't use any sort of converters... just ran it as if it was a regular system. I'm assuming it goes to the factory amp as its using the same wires that the RF system did.
Pretty simple install... hardest part was finding out which wires to run for the axxess kit thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts