Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

new dash noise problem...hopefully someone can help!!

7K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Bueller44 
slate1 said:
waterman7474 said:
this might relate to my rattle problem cause it sounds like its coming from this area and it sounds like a cable just barely resting on plastic and vibrating, from that area.
I'm getting this noise too - driving me crazy trying to figure it out. Seems to be only on rough/bumpy roads and sounds like it's coming from behind the speedo/tach cluster.
Do you hava an MT or auto tranny?

slate1 said:
Offroad said:
slate1 said:
waterman7474 said:
this might relate to my rattle problem cause it sounds like its coming from this area and it sounds like a cable just barely resting on plastic and vibrating, from that area.
I'm getting this noise too - driving me crazy trying to figure it out. Seems to be only on rough/bumpy roads and sounds like it's coming from behind the speedo/tach cluster.
Do you hava an MT or auto tranny?
Auto - and just to be clear, I'm not getting the noise waterman7474 is describing when switching to defrost; just the intermittent rattle that sounds like a cable vibrating on the piece of plastic when I'm on particularly rough pavement.
Got. There's a thread on XOC about a noise behind the speedo cluster that ended up being the clutch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.