Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this place finally. I lost it on my other laptop but I found the actual company that makes these parts. They also make slip splines for long travel and lifted trucks.
http://www.rcvperformance.com/products.html

·
on line
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update I'm sending these guys a complete CV assembly to scan and document so if anyone needs bulletproof parts for their assemblies later down the road or custom lengths like that dumb guy Grunzen :geek: they'll have the info on file and be able to hook you up. Right now Sway Away is the only place with the axle shafts on file and they want $1000 for just the shafts. :blackeye: Even though it was 300m I had to say no thanks RCV is looking to be about 225 per shaft with lifetime warranty using 4340 hardened and cryo treated and them doing the assembly.

·
on line
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Uncle Sam started the money flow again so I finally paid RCV and my new longer shafts are on the way. It's amazing how much out of pocket you have to cover during a move. 500 for 2 shafts and boots. I'm hearing a clicking sound out of my drivers side front outer joint as we speak so this will be none to soon.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Grunzen

Are you in Germany now? How's the X look on the Autobahn?

·
on line
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I'm on leave in Missouri right now. I've got to add some fender extensions on the fenders this week and install the new cv shafts if they arrive and hopefully will be shipping the truck Friday. I have to downsize my truck a bit also. We are allowed 800 cubic inches and right now I'm at 845. So I have to make an adapter and mount the spare underneath in the stock loc. and remove the cargo rack and strap it inside for the trip over.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
good luck.

My fear is not the shaft, but the geers in the diff going.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Ok my brain can't hadle this, so I'll ask in terms from the climbing world...

My climbing pack carries 5500 cubic inches of gear. So do you mean you are allowed to ship a vehicle that fills 800 cubic feet of space? Or am I just wacked out of my mind???

Good luck on the move either way!

·
on line
315 Posts
I'm guessing he meant cubic feet, otherwise it doesn't make sense. ISO containers are around that size (actually 800 is a little small, but probably barely enough for a car).

·
on line
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I never got any resolution from them. They started giving me the runaround and ended up keeping my original shaft and not building the modified ones. The factory CV shafts have held up with some tearing of the boots which overall is better than the suspension and brakes have faired over here. Especially considering how little I have actually driven the truck due to being deployed non stop for 3 1/2 years. Frankenlift will be going away in favor of a Titan setup hopefully in the spring once I return.

·
on line
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Back to some of the original q's 800 is the length plus height in inches. If the 2 add up to 800 or less your good if not they start charging you extra. I don't think they measured width but they might of. I just made the cut by removing the spare and fuel can holders for shipping and putting all safari rack parts in the truck. Anyway I get to go through it again in a couple of weeks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts