Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread is intended to gauge the interest/ participation of Colorado X'ers for a club that is forming. This thread will discuss naming the club (a list of possible names to vote on later) and a list of people who would consider joining.
There are a few threads going with various info and discussion.

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78033

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72241&page=11

Feel free to comment on this thread about anything CO club related. Some topics may warrant new threads.

Below I have reserved a few posts to compile a list of club name ideas and a list of people who are interested in participating in the club. I will update them as we go.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Club Names

Any suggestions are fine and will be added to the list as long as they are non-offensive and follow the rules of this forum. Keep in mind that we intend to be open to all Nissan's (Pathy, Fronty, Titan, Armada, etc) so names with "Nissan" rather than simply Xterra are preferred. The first few listed are just a few that were tossed around and I can't remember all that we discussed at the meeting so post them up! Be creative!

1. CNN - Colorado Nissan Nation
2. CNOA - Colorado Nissan Off-road Association
3. CNOG - Colorado Nissan Off-road Group
4. NORAC - Nissan Off-Road Association of Colorado
5. NORCC - Nissan Off Road Club of Colorado
6. Burger4x4
7. COBurger4x4
8. CORNC - Colorado Off Road Nissan Country (or Club)
9. CNOR/CoNOR/CONOR) - Colorado Nissan Off-Roaders

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Members list

You are not committing to anything here but stating your interest in the club. I think the main point of the club is to get together to share our passion for Nissans including M&G's, wheeling days, mod days as we already do. There are so many of us it would be great to organize into a club with an identity - thus the naming. Likewise, we have the opportunity to give back to our community through trail stewardship, charity events, volunteering, etc. We already see an opportunity to help keep trails open. With budget cuts and the devastating floods this year, there are trails that may not open in 2014 and possibly beyond. We hope that club members will band together to support our common interests. More to come on that.

1. Golf286
2. Slasa
3. MadMike
4. Truffles
5. MackCastle
6. New Addiction
7. JackAttack13
8. AlpineMountain
9. Drewbie
10. OffOnAnAdventure
11. skibum315
12. Xorro
13. coloxt
14. JollyRaja
15. Blaze
16. Mypro4x
17. CellyX
18. Spdu4ia
19. N.Y.X.
20. High-Altitude-X
21. H.I. McDunnough
22. Cyclemut
23. SpongeX
24. ICEBOY33
25. BillySpivitz
26. sass
27. TheNinjaX
28. Lootz
29. Rushy_Rush
30. Eric P
31. highaltitude
32. 06 TJ
33. 09 Rubi
. . .

·
Registered
482 Posts
Add me to the list. Although, what's that famous saying; Not sure I'd want to be associated with any group that would have me as a member!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Count me in.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm definitely in.

Of the names you've posted, I like NORAC the most. I think it makes the best acronym. I'll see if I can think of any others.

·
Registered
277 Posts
We are definitely in! Only thing is my favorite name isn't on the list anymore; what happened to G.O.N.A.D. Eric?

·
Registered
277 Posts
HAHaHA ya not exactly!

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Interested, time-permitting (unfortunately), but I'm with Mark ... dunno about associating with a bunch of jokers who would be willing to count me among their members.

A note on acronyms: using OR instead of just O for 'off road' or 'off-road' seems to lend to better combinations, but that may just be me. I also like the idea (unintentional or otherwise) of both keeping it more open (brand/make, rather than model specific) and of not trying to encompass older clubs - clean slate and all that. Plus keeping it Nissan oriented seems like it would keep from stepping on the toes of groups like Traildamage and Trailridge Runners, which are established 4x4 clubs with general (non brand specific) membership ... 'course that presumes there's enough of a member pool to maintain a Nissan club (and I suppose if it turns out there's not, there's nothing stopping a few folks from then trying to join one of the other general clubs together).

Couple of name suggestions for the pot (I'll add more here if I think of them):
NORCC - Nissan Off Road Club of CO
NORAC - I like this one, too ... I know it's already on the list

One question that came up, for me at least, as I was thinking about this again yesterday and last night, was the following: has there been any thought put in to how to manage what will ultimately be a fairly small group (what's membership projected to top out at, maybe 20-30?) across a large area? Even if it winds up being predominantly members from the Front Range, FoCo to CoSpgs is a long ways ... and I'm sure there will be a few folks from the High Country or Western Slope ... I've got nothing as far as suggestions for how to handle that aspect, or even how it would ultimately shake out into potential issues (maybe it won't), but it's just another wrinkle that I think conscientious management should keep in mind.

Another thought: once this is all established and up-and-running, it'd be worth pursuing partnerships with the BRC, Stay the Trail, Tread Lightly, and all of those kinds of organizations ... both for the information sharing (important ORV/access related legislation to be aware of, FS policy insight, etc) and for potential club activity and training opportunities.

·
on line
4,196 Posts
And my last post is an example of what happens when you're at work & trying to post on the forum while being constantly interrupted by requests to do my job. By the time I could hit reply, Skibum posted a novel. :):)

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Interested, time-permitting (unfortunately), but I'm with Mark ... dunno about associating with a bunch of jokers who would be willing to count me among their members. A note on acronyms: using OR instead of just O for 'off road' or 'off-road' seems to lend to better combinations, but that may just be me. I also like the idea (unintentional or otherwise) of both keeping it more open (brand/make, rather than model specific) and of not trying to encompass older clubs - clean slate and all that. Plus keeping it Nissan oriented seems like it would keep from stepping on the toes of groups like Traildamage and Trailridge Runners, which are established 4x4 clubs with general (non brand specific) membership ... 'course that presumes there's enough of a member pool to maintain a Nissan club (and I suppose if it turns out there's not, there's nothing stopping a few folks from then trying to join one of the other general clubs together). Couple of name suggestions for the pot (I'll add more here if I think of them): NORCC - Nissan Off Road Club of CO NORAC - I like this one, too ... I know it's already on the list ... One question that came up, for me at least, as I was thinking about this again yesterday and last night, was the following: has there been any thought put in to how to manage what will ultimately be a fairly small group (what's membership projected to top out at, maybe 20-30?) across a large area? Even if it winds up being predominantly members from the Front Range, FoCo to CoSpgs is a long ways ... and I'm sure there will be a few folks from the High Country or Western Slope ... I've got nothing as far as suggestions for how to handle that aspect, or even how it would ultimately shake out into potential issues (maybe it won't), but it's just another wrinkle that I think conscientious management should keep in mind. Another thought: once this is all established and up-and-running, it'd be worth pursuing partnerships with the BRC, Stay the Trail, Tread Lightly, and all of those kinds of organizations ... both for the information sharing (important ORV/access related legislation to be aware of, FS policy insight, etc) and for potential club activity and training opportunities.
Hey Skibum,
Thanks for your input and ideas, they'll definitely be helpful as we move forward. I'm already working on the relationships/partnership with Stay the trail and Tread Lightly and will keep everyone posted with updates..

1 - 20 of 233 Posts