Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys there are some new bulletins up in case you haven't seen them.

There are no new recalls out at this time.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
has anyone been able to fix the windows rattle with out replacing the whole windows assembly?

·
on line
295 Posts
Think my tentioner is going.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
The one about the 05 Mirror actuator gives a good shot of the mirror heaters, I wonder if the wires are there. But if they are not, You can buy that heater and install a switch into In. on + circuit and get mirror heat. I recall someone was interested, that bulletin shows good pictures. MC

·
on line
186 Posts
This might be a dumb question, but are these things the dealer are required to replace if you are having the problem or are these just suggestions for you to do?

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup. Dealer replaces them.

·
on line
2,540 Posts
USMC XTERRA said:
The one about the 05 Mirror actuator gives a good shot of the mirror heaters, I wonder if the wires are there. But if they are not, You can buy that heater and install a switch into In. on + circuit and get mirror heat. I recall someone was interested, that bulletin shows good pictures. MC
From the pics, it looks like they are just snapped on. I wonder if someone is willing to pull theirs off and look??

·
on line
54 Posts
Did anyone take apart their mirror after? This weekend I'm planning on adding signal LED's to the mirrors and I can see if I can get a PIC to see how they are setup.

Fred

·
on line
3,050 Posts
I am in Canada and I just had the drive belt tensioner changed. The problem with the nissan help page is thats its American and the bulletin for the drive belt/tensioner just appeared on the service bulletins here in canada. That info was given to me by the service manager at the dealership..I trust him because he sponsers the other club that I am apart of Nissan Truck Club(formally Soxc). He also states that the service bulletin for Canada is pretty tight and no one can access it unless they have been granted access and given a username annd password. So my question is this does anyone here know how I can gain access to the Nissan help bulletin here in Canada?

thanks
miles

·
on line
29 Posts
mjm4soccer said:
This might be a dumb question, but are these things the dealer are required to replace if you are having the problem or are these just suggestions for you to do?
Just want to confirm here.... The dealer should do these service under warranty? IE FREE????

1 - 20 of 27 Posts