Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few questions about an upcoming purchase.

I am looking for some info about the wiring in an 07. If anyone has the wiring information on an alarm / remote start and window roll up connections I would be most appreciative. I have seen information on the 06s but nothing on the 07s, are they the same? If anyone has a link to, or can provide me with, the information or even the factory electric manual I can figure it out myself. I have more than just an alarm going in and I can order one from the dealer but they just charge SO much.

Also are these CDs on E-bay worth even looking at and would these contain the info that I am interested in?

·
on line
173 Posts
I am looking for any info on the remote start and those features as well.

from what i had heard, there is only a relay or module needed to enable the remote start. Is this true and how do I get one?

Thanks.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
You can get either an add-on module which you can control with your factory remote which is the cheaper way to go. Or you can buy a complete aftermarket one like Clifford, Viper, etc. which costs more but isn't really necessary if all you're looking for is a basic remote start.

Both remote start and window roll-up modules are really easy to install. All the connections can be made behind the driver's kick panel.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
I paid somewhere in the area of $12-13 shipped for a cheap one off ebay. It came with 2 remotes also. So I could use either factory or the new ones to remote start and lock/unlock doors.

One other thing you'll need is a transponder bypass for overriding the ignition. Those go for $10-20. But you can make one up yourself for free with a little bit of wire and a relay which is optional.

·
on line
1,163 Posts
i already have an aftermarket alarm, where can i find a module to addon a remote start? and can anyone post which wires to use behind the kickpanel to wire up the remote start.

as usual help is always appreciated...

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Here's an example of one off ebay.

All the wires you'll need is on a wire harness you can't miss when the kick panel is off. It's the lowest one and has a bunch of thick gauge wires running off it. If I remember, you only need to tap into 3-4 of those wires to remote start. Plus an additional one if you want your A/C or heater to get power also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultra-Start-115...ryZ48611QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
on line
189 Posts
get an AutoPage

·
on line
34 Posts
If someone could do a How To on doing this that would be awesome! spending around $15 for remote start would be awesome, and my wife would love me.

·
on line
173 Posts
CapitalA23 said:
If someone could do a How To on doing this that would be awesome! spending around $15 for remote start would be awesome, and my wife would love me.
yeah, I finally have the time to get back to this and would love to know the same info.

·
on line
173 Posts
xterrock said:
Here's an example of one off ebay.

All the wires you'll need is on a wire harness you can't miss when the kick panel is off. It's the lowest one and has a bunch of thick gauge wires running off it. If I remember, you only need to tap into 3-4 of those wires to remote start. Plus an additional one if you want your A/C or heater to get power also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultra-Start-115...ryZ48611QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Is this the make and model you got for your install?
Which bypass module did you get?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts