Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen!

I've always owned Nissans, but this is my first new one. I was a bit skeptical about picking up a 2wd off road model, but the price was right, and all the right options were there. Viola! the saga continues.

I have to say...I think Nissan has done quite well on this product. All the reviews I've read have been stellar. She's only got 600 miles on the ticker, and I'm already in love! What a motor! They've stuck with the theme of "Everything you need, and nothing you don't" from the beginning, and It's jus t what the doctor ordered for my wife and I. Who needs automatic headlights, and side view mirror warmers!! I'd rather have a cargo bay that I can put my tools and boat parts in, without worrying about the carpet.

Bottom line, I think we'll have this truck for quite a while, and If Nissans reputation has anything to say about it, the truck will have us for just as long. Looking forward to sifting through the info in these forums, and dropping some serious coin on my new habit!

Thanks for being here!

Tod :cheers:

·
on line
631 Posts
Welcome!

What part of Vegas?

·
on line
564 Posts
Welcome!

·
on line
551 Posts
Welcome!
BTW I need my side mirror warmers (and I will have them soon)

·
on line
358 Posts
Welcome! I didn't relize that they made 4x2 ORs. Does it have everything the 4x4 has? Locker?

·
TNX Administrator
20,246 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Mod it up pre-runner style and it's off to the races!

Welcome aboard

·
on line
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys! Glad to be here!

Gerdo said:
Welcome! I didn't relize that they made 4x2 ORs. Does it have everything the 4x4 has? Locker?
No, Its missing a few things....such as a locker. I dont think it even has a LSD... :blackeye: It does have the skid plates, Bilstiens, nicer rims, bigger tires, and the all important "Off Road" emblem on the door.

When I initially looked at it, I fully expected it to have a locker. The Nismo Frontier has one on the 4X2, so why wouldn't this one? When I found out it didn't, I was dismayed, but it looked so good, and drove so well, that my wife fell in love and refused to leave it at the dealership...; )

I pulled my boat out of the lake with it for the first time today, not even one little slip! So for NOW, I'm satisfied. We'll see what happens later on down the road.

Thanks,

Tod

·
on line
34 Posts
Welcome! I have a 4x2 OR also. My experience echo's yours pretty much (why the 2wd Front has the locker but not the X who knows!). The OR model was the first of the 4 Xterras I drove that made me say, "this is it!". Have fun and best of luck to ya!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts