Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working in my shop in Hialeah and a young man with a tricked out Jeep, (Looked very good and well used). I was paged and we started to talk trucks!:salute:

Champion 4x4 has just open and if I remembered there is a shortage of shops for our species, which is endanger here in South Florida.
Champion is a full service shop complete with alignment and they work on all rigs. Not just anther Jeep Shop. Here is the information so those of you who want to take you X to the next level you can.
Let's face even if you run a stock machine you got to put a 2-3 lift with a good Xosel Light bar in the grill and or the roof! Just to be different than the stock configuration!:salute:

Here is the information for anyone who wished to get some work done::scratch:
Champion 4x4
point of contact: Jason Castell

office: 786.502.3446
8130 West 26th Ave
Hialeah Fl 33016
[email protected]
www.champion4x4.com

I can speak to the work yet, but that day is coming soon.:wave:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Followup

I found out that the owner was with formally with 4wd Supply. As a strong recommendation I suggested he post up and introduce himself to the community so we get a firm feel.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Pop in Visit

Now I am getting into rehab mod for my 07. I price some Copper AT285 and Jason got a good deal for under 1000.00 Bucks

Al so got quoted new spring installation for under 400 dollars. I am replacing my front springs with Niss Tec JBt Springs. My shock shocks are week and are bottoming out. This includes 3 hours labor with Alignment.

Pictures are coming since I am a Supporting member now.

I suggested to Jason to get some basic lift packages to get X Owners feet wet in the world of Mods!

Sincerely, I hope to get my point across you guys in South Florida that we have a great sport. Before I return home to Arizona next year hopefully!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Electrical

Champion hooked me up and installed replacement bulbs for my KC 130. Adrian pulled the bulbs from a new set of lights and got me turned in 20 minutes.

Very active shop with several lift going on.

Good People!:eek:ccasion5::eek:ccasion5::eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Good find! At what shop do you work at? I just drove through Hialeah yesterday. It felt good driving through the old 'hood even though, you know, "Hialeah! Agua, mierda y factoria!".

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good find! At what shop do you work at? I just drove through Hialeah yesterday. It felt good driving through the old 'hood even though, you know, "Hialeah! Agua, mierda y factoria!".
I work close to Champion on My Shop is on Trafimet on W 77th Street.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe a meet up in a place like Steak and Shake?

I have been trying to pull teeth here, to raise interest.

Almost ready to return to Arizona.:(

Thank you for responding! there is hope.:rockin: I have been having loose conversation with Yellow X in Tampa As Well on the same very subject.

Its not so much going to Box Canyon , in Arizona. We jut do not have that here. So Road trips and Exploration, like the locations I have been finding.

We will see!

·
Registered
642 Posts
There were 5 of us that use to meet at the Food Truck Rallies and off road together.. but some guys got new trucks, other did that marriage/baby thing, etc..

Im not on here as much as my poor truck just street parks in SoBe most of the time + when I do come here I buy way too much stuff.. So maybe I can DM you my twitter/email/cell or etc so if we all do get together I dont miss it..

·
Registered
577 Posts
Dan! is your basket held on with exhaust clamps and almost always parked on Euclid? If so I see it all the time. I drive to the beach almost everyday to take my wife to work. We'll be moving back to the beach soon but we're looking in the 70-80th street area. I've been wanting to meet up with some other x owners. I always wave but nothing. Just a few days ago I pulled up to a stop sign next to a black x with shackles and an www.thenewx.org sticker on the back. I looked at him, he looked at me, I gave him the smile and "what's up?" nod and the douche just turned his head and drove off. Miami people, what can you do? It's funny you say you're ready to move to Arizona, because we're in the planning stages of moving to vegas/henderson. We can't stand it here any longer.

If you guys want to meet up to do some OR or just to point at each others' rigs and say "ooh aahhhhh" I'm down. We explore a whole bunch west of krome. Also right down the street from here is where we used to ride but it's kind of restricted. I go in there like twice a week. Just yesterday we ran up on an fwc. I just made a 5 point turn in front of him and headed out. I think he had a hand full of smoochers lube if you ask me 'cuz he didn't move an inch! There's also the humps area down in florida city. Last time we went through there we found this awesome little section on 167th ave that had my stock suspension flexing. Other than that, there isn't much OR to be done around here.

Oh, and I almost always wheel with the fam. Our younger son has been wheeling since about 2mo.

·
Registered
577 Posts
For the record, the sticker was from another xterra site. Someone edited my post. I didn't realize you can't mention another x site. It wasn't someone from this site I called a douche.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
XOwners Emerge!

Glad to hear of other X Owners on the site other Yell X and I. Maybe a link up in pompano Bch for a X Meeting.

The sport is week in South Florida:(

·
Registered
577 Posts
Aren't you in Coral Springs? What's in pompano? Down here it's actually pretty busy. I can't drive down the street without seeing a dirt caked jeep. And there's a shop down the street that has a steady stream of jeep customers everyday. It appears that one of the guys that works there drives a lifted first gen x because it's always parked outside. There's a spot that gets really busy. You go in by 137th ave and sw 8th street. But it gets infested with fwc every once in a while and I've heard of people getting ticketed. We used to go, but haven't since I heard of the last encounter with them a few months ago. This morning we went to the spot we frequent to pick flowers for the wife. I just stayed on the hard pack because it's too wet to go in alone. The only place you can go and not get hassled is the hump. And that's too far for most.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aren't you in Coral Springs? What's in pompano? Down here it's actually pretty busy. I can't drive down the street without seeing a dirt caked jeep. And there's a shop down the street that has a steady stream of jeep customers everyday. It appears that one of the guys that works there drives a lifted first gen x because it's always parked outside. There's a spot that gets really busy. You go in by 137th ave and sw 8th street. But it gets infested with fwc every once in a while and I've heard of people getting ticketed. We used to go, but haven't since I heard of the last encounter with them a few months ago. This morning we went to the spot we frequent to pick flowers for the wife. I just stayed on the hard pack because it's too wet to go in alone. The only place you can go and not get hassled is the hump. And that's too far for most.
Well Its not so much we are going to find a awesome dirt pile. Its more to bring people together so we can attract the 2wd folks as well. Of Corse I still want to make a Daytona Beach before the end of the year with as many trucks as possible. We go to work on a date.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yup thats me, Hek! With my quick release roof rack (aka what do you mean your the only parking garage option and max height it 6'3")

Dont get me started on the folks down here.. yikes! But can vouch for alpha.

Its funny with your wave story, Ive chased down many of custom xterras/guys from the site up in NJ but down here we are rare breed. Whats a good month to meet? I have to head to the cold north for a few weeks. Oct 1-Oct 20th

·
Registered
577 Posts
What's up alpha? I didn't think you'd still be on here. What did you end up getting? I'm always down to hang out if the schedule allows. Dan, what do ya think about those wheels on that white x? You know which one.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
642 Posts
haha, yeah I know exactly which one :) haha
Not my taste, but I feel bad. His (or her) X has gotten street rashed up pretty good like mine.. Im debating on installing dash cams that record for all these hit and run, crappy parkers..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts