Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everybody! Just had my 2007 Xterra Off Road edition delivered from sunny, rust free Florida to here in Virginia Beach, VA! Wanted to join this site to keep track of my build progress and learn some valuable information as well as meeting some fellow Xterra owners in the Hampton Roads area!

Suv is a 6 speed manual, 4x4, off road package, and currently has 74,xxx miles on the clock. These seem pretty rare from what I have gathered, as most of what I could find were either S/SE models and automatic. I purchased this car off of eBay from a Florida auction group and am very happy with my purchase!

Little background on me, I have quite the passion for Nissans and am mechanically inclined. I have owned numerous turbo cars and two 95 Pathfinders up until this point. I have a fully built 2002 Lexus IS300 that is my garage queen, and I intend on daily driving this Xterra as well as modifying it when I can to make suitable improvements for off roading while still keeping it very streetable. I plan on starting a build thread to document my progress in the near future. Look forward to getting to know some of you and learning the in's and out's of this 2nd gen and maximizing it's potential. Thanks for viewing!:wave:

Onto some pics:

My 95 Pathfinder in the OBX:

My 02 Lexus IS300:

My 96 Nissan 200SX SE-R:

Hope you guys like my rides!

-Mike

·
Registered
918 Posts
Welcome from richmond. We have a regional club called VAXC. We have our own thread in the forums under regional groups. We have a number of members down your way. We just had a meet and greet a couple of weeks ago and we did some wheeling together. WE also have our own web site. WE are planning a wheeling event for MLK weekend and hopefully something down in the OBX within the next few months. Check out our thread and web site and again welcome to the club.

Ps I just wanted to add that if you are going to come with us wheeling in January I would advise removing that front push/bull bar and the mud flaps. The guarantee the mud flaps will get ripped off which will lead to additional body damage. There are a couple of threads in the forum regarding the damage those bars do up front. If possible I would suggest removing it. Based on your pics I am guessing you may already know this but I wanted to at least mention it just in case. Glad to have a new member.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Welcome from RVA!

Like skyfaller said, here in VA we actually hold regular meet and greets as well as wheeling events pretty often. We just had one and are in the planning on another one to start the year off in January. Make sure to check out our thread here and our website too!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats! Yeah I just picked up my 06 OR with manual and like it a lot! Many happy miles to you!

I love Virginia by the way. I spend quite a few years at quantico as a marine corps brat and it was a great place to be a kid!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase man! I'm out in the Western Branch area of Chesapeake. We've usually got someones X in my driveway a couple times a month. Just did a CB install this past Sunday. Check out the VAXC facebook page. Nice to have more members down this way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome from richmond. We have a regional club called VAXC. We have our own thread in the forums under regional groups. We have a number of members down your way. We just had a meet and greet a couple of weeks ago and we did some wheeling together. WE also have our own web site. WE are planning a wheeling event for MLK weekend and hopefully something down in the OBX within the next few months. Check out our thread and web site and again welcome to the club.

Ps I just wanted to add that if you are going to come with us wheeling in January I would advise removing that front push/bull bar and the mud flaps. The guarantee the mud flaps will get ripped off which will lead to additional body damage. There are a couple of threads in the forum regarding the damage those bars do up front. If possible I would suggest removing it. Based on your pics I am guessing you may already know this but I wanted to at least mention it just in case. Glad to have a new member.
Thanks man! Looking forward to it. Going to check that out, join the fb group, and hopefully get started on the Xterra after the holidays. I am actually going to get in on the Shrockworks GB for their front bumper so the entire front will be coming off. I was unaware of the bull bar doing more harm than good but I had intended on removing it anyway. The Shrockworks just look and perform too well for me to not make that investment. I probably won't wheel the X right away, I'd like to get some mods done and repair the minor issues it has and daily it for a while, but I would love to meet up with you all at some point over the next couple months for sure.

Welcome from RVA!

Like skyfaller said, here in VA we actually hold regular meet and greets as well as wheeling events pretty often. We just had one and are in the planning on another one to start the year off in January. Make sure to check out our thread here and our website too!
Congrats nice rides check out the car enthusiast thread in link is in my sig :)
Thanks! Will do...cars and going fast is fun and all but I am really excited to work on this rig!

Congrats! Yeah I just picked up my 06 OR with manual and like it a lot! Many happy miles to you!

I love Virginia by the way. I spend quite a few years at quantico as a marine corps brat and it was a great place to be a kid!
That's awesome! I am from Alexandria myself. Lived there for 18 years before moving to Norfolk for college. Appreciate the kind words and good luck with your ride as well!

Congrats on the new purchase man! I'm out in the Western Branch area of Chesapeake. We've usually got someones X in my driveway a couple times a month. Just did a CB install this past Sunday. Check out the VAXC facebook page. Nice to have more members down this way.
Nice! Glad to hear you are local and knowledgeable. I enjoy wrenching in my spare time myself so we can definitely get together sometime. I am currently in the planning phase for the exact route I want to go with the X, but in the meantime I am replacing the hatch struts and doing a few other minor mods/repairs. I'll shoot you a message so we can exchange contact info!

Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen. Looking forward to being a part of this forum! :iconbiggrin:

·
TNX Administrator
20,476 Posts
:pirate: "Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (Noobie) Welcome to TheXterra.org as our 18,794th Member! Yer on a site dedicated t' Nissan's, "2005+ Second Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise t' share what you learn!"
:3some:
How-to Properly Use Search: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58067 :drunken:
So let t' mods begin: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82441 :thumbup:

Member's Xterra's: http://thenewx.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50 :notworthy:
Our vendors: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/view_links.htm :hello2:
Resources: http://thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=110 :read2:
:headbang:
Check out t' South Atlantic Regional Section for information on M&G or wheelin' dates;
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Click Here for List of > Virginia Members

:rulez:
But, like everythin' in life thar be rules t' follow:
http://thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7735

1 - 13 of 13 Posts