Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just thought that I would introduce myself. My name is Mike and have just recently retired a 94 Toyota 4-Runner due to a disagreement with a temperamental head gasket. I now own a new 2007 Xterra and have not looked back one bit.

I am very impressed so far and the difference in power is undeniable. Loving the ability to actually pass someone on the highway :)

Anyway I just thought I would say hi and you will be hearing more from me in the future as I begin to add and modify my new ride to suit my tastes.

I do have one question. Are the roof rack sidebars standard equipment on all Xterras or just on certain models? If not no big deal I got such a deal on this one I will not be complaining to the dealer for fear that they may realize that they made a mistake on the price that they sold it to me.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Welcome dude....

If you are talking about the crossbars on the roofrack (they run from drivers side to passengers side and can be adjusted front to rear) then No they are not standard equipment on the 07 X's. Unfortunately for you they were standard equipment on the 05 and 06 models. But dont worry you can buy some new from yournissanparts.com (i think) or i believe you can post a request for some on the 'buy sell' section of this forum (im pretty sure a couple of people arent using theirs).

·
TNX Administrator
20,246 Posts
:pirate: "Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated t' Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise t' share what you learn!" :3some:

So let t' mods begin: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2742 :thumbup:

·
on line
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Crossbars not standard equipment" That's what I was afraid of :( Man I don't care what you are buying these days they nickel and dime you for everything. $106 a pop from the dealer. I also wanted a hitch and WOW $400 not bloody likely. LOL Anyway I will start looking around for parts. I've looked at yournissanparts.com and they seem to be 30% or so cheaper than most other sources.

And thx for the welcome. I am looking forward to adding to this forum as this seems to be the place for 2nd gen Xterras

·
on line
564 Posts
Welcome!

Rob

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Welcome to the great site! If you can afford the Gobi racks, thats the way to go! but its a bit of a stretch for most. :D

·
on line
1,716 Posts
teek5449 said:
"Crossbars not standard equipment" That's what I was afraid of :( Man I don't care what you are buying these days they nickel and dime you for everything. $106 a pop from the dealer. I also wanted a hitch and WOW $400 not bloody likely. LOL Anyway I will start looking around for parts. I've looked at yournissanparts.com and they seem to be 30% or so cheaper than most other sources.

And thx for the welcome. I am looking forward to adding to this forum as this seems to be the place for 2nd gen Xterras

Take a look @ http://www.yournissanparts.com/ for the parts that you need. Also post in the swap meet that you want the crossbars, I know that some of the people have gone with different racks and may have crossbars lying around.

·
on line
641 Posts
teek5449 said:
I now own a new 2007 Xterra.....I do have one question. Are the roof rack sidebars standard equipment on all Xterras or just on certain models?
The roof rack crossbars are certainly included on my friend's 2007 Off-Road Xterra, but then it's a Canadian model, and comes with heated mirrors too :)

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Sitting in the driveway??? Get it the heck out of there and off road man!

Welcome aboard

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Welcome aboard man. I didnt see it mentioned but you can also check out ebay. I found a hitch there for roughly 150.00 and it is a class III. As for the crossbars, I would go Courtesy Nissan as the others have suggested.

·
on line
45 Posts
Welcome to the group! I just a very fresh '07 OR X and it had 2 crossbars, so I am confused by the lack of them on yours...

Regards,
Marty

·
TNX Administrator
20,246 Posts
XterraAltius2 said:
Welcome to the group! I just a very fresh '07 OR X and it had 2 crossbars, so I am confused by the lack of them on yours...
Maybe the crossbars were stolen or it was a manufacture error, (i.e. they forgot to install them), and the stealership is trying to unload this vehicle on you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts