Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent many hours on here over the last two days--figured I should check in and say thanks for all the info so far.

I got the last '06 on the lot. A base model X in Graphite with 800 miles on it for 18,700 before tax & tag transfer. Liking it a lot so far. Two questions for you experts:

1. I'm only 5'10", but the seat is up kinda high and my upper shin is hitting the bottom of the dash (underneath the steering wheel). Would purchasing an SE adjustable seat allow me to lower it a bit? Any links to seat-lowering mods that anyone knows of?

2. Also, I ended up getting the 10yr/100,000 mile warranty (for $9 more a month/72 months). Any opinions on whether the warranty is worth it? They sure were trying to sell it to me. It includes a $50 deductible per visit, BUT I THINK it doesn't kick in until after the 3yr/36K bumper-2-bumper and 5yr powertrain.

out,
jOE f.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Welcome, and congratulations on what sounds like a great purchase.

Others with the your model will no doubt weigh in, but is the seat height really not adjustable in your truck? That seems unlikely. What was Nissan thinking?

As you know, there are many schools of thought on the extended warranty question. My experience has been that they often don't pay for themselves, since the coverage is usually limited. Is the stereo covered? Catalytic converter? Some of the smaller stuff isn't worth the deductible, and lots of the bigger stuff waits until after the 100K is up.

But hey, if you're gonna really use the X, the extended warranty might just come in very handy.

·
on line
237 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :cheers:

·
TNX Administrator
20,458 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
1,831 Posts
d-rap said:
...As you know, there are many schools of thought on the extended warranty question. My experience has been that they often don't pay for themselves, since the coverage is usually limited. Is the stereo covered? Catalytic converter? Some of the smaller stuff isn't worth the deductible, and lots of the bigger stuff waits until after the 100K is up.

But hey, if you're gonna really use the X, the extended warranty might just come in very handy.
Yeah man... I dished the cash out for the 100k "super coverage" warranty and thus far, I feel like I wasted my money. There's that little devil on my shoulder that's telling me to go bronk my truck in the desert as hard as I can, climb as many nasty hills as possible, and try as I might to blow my diff or achieve some other trail-related carnage, just so I can take advantage of that darn warranty. I'm joking of course but you get my point.

Btw, welcome, "whatgorilla".

·
on line
564 Posts
Welcome!

What part of J-ville are you from? I lived there for many years til the Navy finally pulled me out of there.

Rob

·
on line
57 Posts
Howdy and welcome!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
I have the S model (06) and my seats are adjustable... not electronically of course but by little nobs on the side... you dont have these??

Anyway, I got the 6 yr. 75,000 mile extended warranty and havent use it yet either (im just over 20,000 miles) While in some cases it could be a waste of money, in others it isnt. for me just the peace of mind was worth it... plus I got it at the same price as the 5yr. 60,000 mile extended warranty. I think dealerships purposfully jack up the price on those warranties just so they can make you think that you are getting a better deal.

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
robinFL:
I'm from Riverside/Westside/Murray Hill area, though most of my family lives in Orange Park and Middleburg.

s_e_xterra:
Nope. No height adjustable or lunbar support knobs on my X model seats. I'll take a pic and post it. Oddly, I do have the same large plastic piece/mount under my seat--so I wonder if they only "adjust" upwards. I need mine to go down an inch or two. Which is odd, because I'm only 5'9" or 5'10". Evidently I also don't have seatback storage either, whatever that is--I'm thinking it's the map pockets, but I dunno.

Severl things that are optional on the S are "not available" on the X model Xterra--which seems ODD that you can't even ADD certain items for extra money (hopefully, you can add them, they just WON'T add them because they want you to buy the higher model).

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
New new X X in jax...

Well, after totaling the last one after two weeks (kid ran a red light), I got a Night Armor X model X today. $19,300.

·
on line
564 Posts
Sweet!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts