Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the site went down last week someone posted pics of their X with top gun spacers and AC shackles with firestone M/T's.

If that person reads this, can you repost the pics? Thanks

·
on line
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a bunch for the pics. I am installing that same set-up this weekend and was worried that the X wasn't going to sit level.

·
on line
79 Posts
contenderv07 said:
is all you have the spacer kit and shackles? did you have any problems with the rear brake lines, or any control arm contact or strut problems so far? i've been looking for a PML to do and that seems like the way to go if it works and is functional without any problems

·
on line
896 Posts
I love the setup so far. I do have some UCA contact but not much. I think there was a post that had a wy to quiet the noise with some heater tubing and some zip ties. I have the stuff but haven't put it on yet. I didn't need to get longer brake lines, no strut problems. I think it's a really good PML for the money. I think it ended up being around $180. But mcampana was right, it will work, and I love it so far, because he is mcampana, of the hill people :thumbright:

One of my friends is getting an X soon. I'm going to park beside it to see the overall height difference

·
on line
39 Posts
HI. I just put 285 75 16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my 06 offroad. I kept the original rims. Do I have to get a lift kit? They barely rub in the front at all except for every now and then and i saw this 2 inch levelling kit by a company called daystar that seems like it would be perfect. I do not go offraod very often and even when I do its only just dirt roads, etc. Will that kit work? Will I have to get new shocks? DO I have to get the rear shackles too? It says LEVELING KIT...will the front be higher if I only get the spacers for the front?(http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/KN09106X4.html)
Thank you

·
on line
628 Posts
Melissa D. said:
HI. I just put 285 75 16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my 06 offroad. I kept the original rims. Do I have to get a lift kit? They barely rub in the front at all except for every now and then and i saw this 2 inch levelling kit by a company called daystar that seems like it would be perfect. I do not go offraod very often and even when I do its only just dirt roads, etc. Will that kit work? Will I have to get new shocks? DO I have to get the rear shackles too? It says LEVELING KIT...will the front be higher if I only get the spacers for the front?(http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/KN09106X4.html)
Thank you
If you don't want to lift you can reshape the area where the tires are rubbing with a heat gun. This should help http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2361. If you do decide to lift it, you will have to use both spacers and shackles or some other combination, as there will be a significant difference between front and rear if you only use spacers up front. Quite a few people run the Daystar Lift and are happy with it, some even wheel fairly heavy with it, but be aware that some have UCA contact and others don't.

·
on line
39 Posts
USArmyX said:
Melissa D. said:
Thank you
If you don't want to lift you can reshape the area where the tires are rubbing with a heat gun. This should help http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2361. If you do decide to lift it, you will have to use both spacers and shackles or some other combination, as there will be a significant difference between front and rear if you only use spacers up front. Hope that helps.
Thank you so much for the reply. OK. LOL.....HUH???? :drunken: Do I have to take the tire off for that? I don't have any help and I have trouble putting gasoline in most vehicles. What is the easiest route humanly possible for me to be able to do this? The only place it's rubbing is that plastic piece that is just inside the fender...where it bends TOWARD the tire...ya know? I also see people here are bending that corner metal piece backwards, etc. Is that necessary?

·
on line
628 Posts
I have not done this since I am running 265/75R16, but give the post a little time (maybe a day at most) and someone who has done should chime in and be able to help you out.

·
on line
39 Posts
USArmyX said:
I have not done this since I am running 265/75R16, but give the post a little time (maybe a day at most) and someone who has done should chime in and be able to help you out.
I found a couple of threas about this. This one guy was cutting pieces of metal off, lol....Mine is only rubbing the plastic a little though.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
no need to cut metal. And you might be able to get away with it without taking your tires off. This is as simple as I could make it. I hope it helps.

Step 1. get in your car and start it.

Step 2. turn the wheel all the way to the left (drivers side), then turn your car off.

Step 3. go to the passengers side front wheel (your wheel should be sticking out enough to give you some working room.

Step 4. Get a high powered hair dryer (we all know you have one), and start heating up the plastic for a good minute or two in the main areas your tires have been rubbing. It could take even longer depending on how hot the hair dryer is able to get.

Step 5. Try and push the plastic in and re mold it so it doesnt stick out as far. (It can get hot, so wear gloves [not rubber ones] and try to use someting to push on it rather than your fingers) repeat this step a couple of times untill you are sure the plastic is going to stay where you want it to.

Step 6. Get back in the car, start it up, turn the wheel the other way and repeat the steps on the other side.

·
on line
39 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
no need to cut metal. And you might be able to get away with it without taking your tires off. This is as simple as I could make it. I hope it helps.

Step 2. turn the wheel all the way to the left (drivers side), then turn your car off.

Step 3. go to the passengers side front wheel (your wheel should be sticking out enough to give you some working room.

Step 4. Get a high powered hair dryer (we all know you have one), and start heating up the plastic for a good minute or two in the main areas your tires have been rubbing. It could take even longer depending on how hot the hair dryer is able to get.

Step 5. Try and push the plastic in and re mold it so it doesnt stick out as far. (It can get hot, so wear gloves [not rubber ones] and try to use someting to push on it rather than your fingers) repeat this step a couple of times untill you are sure the plastic is going to stay where you want it to.

Step 6. Get back in the car, start it up, turn the wheel the other way and repeat the steps on the other side.

got it!!!! thank you! ;)

·
on line
39 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:

got it!!!! thank you! ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts