Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are planning a trip so somewhere in Utah over Spring Break (March 25-30). My brother in law is coming along as well (plus wife and 2 kids 8 and 9).

I was wondering if any one could give me suggestions on where to go. We are taking the X (OR) and a Jeep Grand Cherokee (mostly stock). We a planning on spending 3 nights in Utah and do a little wheeling and hiking.

Can anyone provide some kind of ideas or itinerary, considering that I keeping kids for many hours in the truck is not good (for the driver's sanity) and there aren't any reservations available in the easy access campgrounds inside the National Parks.

Thanks,

:geek:

·
on line
631 Posts
which part of Utah are you visiting? trails are everywhere over this state. depends on how far you want to drive

·
on line
2,938 Posts
If it was me I would be spending all of my time in either Big or Little Cottonwood Canyon.

·
on line
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
driver X said:
which part of Utah are you visiting? trails are everywhere over this state. depends on how far you want to drive
Moab and vicinities (Arches & Canyonlands NPs maybe).

I'd like a pointer to nice areas without many crowds were to wonder around and have fun.

Thanks again,

JJ

·
on line
1,884 Posts
kokopop said:
If it was me I would be spending all of my time in either Big or Little Cottonwood Canyon.
Keith

the pow calling your name???

·
on line
2,938 Posts
RogueClimber said:
kokopop said:
Keith

the pow calling your name???
Yes it is. My father just got back from St. Mortiz, switerland and might head out to utah at the end of the month

·
on line
631 Posts
i dont think moab will have many people during that time. they only get really packed for Easter Jeep safari and on holiday weekends. during the week it is pretty much open so you should be good to go

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Here's an excellent book, sold at 4 Wheel Parts and online: Backcountry Adventures: Utah The Ultimate Guide to the Backcountry for Anyone with a Sport Utility Vehicle. It's by Peter Massey and Jeanne Wilson.

I've been using their books for two years. They have California, Arizona, Utah and Colorado, and all are great. Here's an Amazon link.

http://www.amazon.com/Backcountry-Adventures-Ultimate-Utility-Vehicle/dp/1930193122

·
on line
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all you guys.

:cheers:

I called the Canyonlands National Park today. The nicest lady (Sarah?) was very helpful giving me ideas. So I'll be heading down to The Needles district on th 25th and staying in Squaw Flats Campground until the 28th. Taking my mountain bike and riding Elephant Hill and running it on the X as well. Some hiking around and voila!!. We should have a lot of fun.

If anyone is planning to be around the area those days and want to meet up for some wheeling and/or beers, speak up.

:geek:

·
on line
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Camped in The Needles, Canyonlands. Some wheeling, mountain biking and hiking.

Some pics:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts