Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
on line
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around the site for a pic of where I should re-mount the horns after installing my new Volant CAI but could not find any. Does anyone have or can take a quick picture of where you relocated yours to?

Also, what is the model number for the Amsoil air filter that I need to replace the one that fits in the Volant air box?

Last, does anyone have an update on what to do with the 2nd hole at the bottom of the intake box? I know some have capped it and some have run there own "snorkel" hose from it. Any comments on which is a better choice? Parts list of what you used to do it would be great also and of course pics are always appreciated...

Thanks in advance!

·
on line
1,891 Posts
odd.... My Volant CAI install had no problem.....
Is the horn supposed to be there or is that a pic of the horn moved to a new spot?? Cause my horn isn't in that spot....
:scratch:

·
on line
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about these other things i need info on???

xterra owner said:
Also, what is the model number for the Amsoil air filter that I need to replace the one that fits in the Volant air box?

Last, does anyone have an update on what to do with the 2nd hole at the bottom of the intake box? I know some have capped it and some have run there own "snorkel" hose from it. Any comments on which is a better choice? Parts list of what you used to do it would be great also and of course pics are always appreciated...

Thanks in advance!

·
on line
360 Posts
could one of you guys post that horn relocation pic again? Looks like it got deleted/removed. My Volant is coming this week and would like to have some sort of reference in case I run into a snag with the install. THANKS!

I'm sure this is old news, but I just learned that the horns and horn placement on the 05s and 07s are different... single horn in grill vs. dual horns next to intake box (respectively). Probably explains why some have had issues with placement and some have not.

·
on line
1,044 Posts
So is there anything special you need to do/know when installing the volant cai on an 07? This thread is making me nervous lol but please someone reassure me! I ordered mines yesterday!

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Well I just got done installing the Volant on my 05 and no problems. The only issue is I dropped one of the screws somewhere in the engine bay that hold in the little card thingy into the tube (I'm guessing an O2 sensor or something?). It's in w/ one screw, I'll see how it holds up until if/when I find or get a new screw.

·
on line
1,044 Posts
TXterra37 said:
Well I just got done installing the Volant on my 05 and no problems. The only issue is I dropped one of the screws somewhere in the engine bay that hold in the little card thingy into the tube (I'm guessing an O2 sensor or something?). It's in w/ one screw, I'll see how it holds up until if/when I find or get a new screw.
how was the test drive :bounce:

·
on line
1,044 Posts
this may sound dumb but i have never really understood the function of the od button? please explain

·
on line
1,044 Posts
lol cool well i never turn it off but i ve always wondered so basically if i turn off the od it is preserving power and not letting my engine perform to the fullest? anytime od off will actually be needed?

·
on line
262 Posts
xEDGEx... I just installed the Volant CAI on my 08 and there were no alternate mounting spots for the horn (two horns instead of one) so I was forced to bend and form the horn mounting with a couple wrenches to fit it the CAI into the designated spot. ( bent the horn mounting bracket foward and through trial and error got it to fit) If you still need pictures PM me and ill send them to you
-Pete

1 - 20 of 44 Posts