Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
on line
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, heres what is going on i need your opinion on what to do.

i have an 06 solar yellow Xterra S 2wd.

have owned it since April 2006, came with the original warranty of 36000 miles, and i bought the extended warranty up to 65000 miles.

the dealer gives warranty for 115000 miles for the powertrain.

right now i am about to reach 36000 miles and i am thinking of selling it back because i can't think of too many things that can break on my xterra it is pretty simple.

and since the dealer gave me a powertrain warranty up to 115000 miles. i guess powertrain is the most important thing that can break.

what do you think i should do sell back the extended warranty and pay my xterra off faster or keep it.

thanks.

·
on line
255 Posts
Some things to consider. Remember it doesn't cost us anything to give advice, but it's your money we're talking about.
You put about 20,000 miles a year on your X?
Has your vehicle been trouble free and well maintained?
Does the extended warranty cover a lot of electrical, A/C or other items the powertrain warranty doesn't?
How much do you travel? Does the dealer warranty cover you if you need repairs when travelling out of the area and you need repairs from another shop? Does the extended warranty cover you for this?
How much money would you get back if you sell back the extended warranty compared to the cost of a major repair that is now covered by your extended warranty?
Are you planning on keeping the X or are you planning on getting rid of it(trading it in, etc.) in a couple of years...?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts