Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally wanted to pick up a set of pro-4x decals like the brand new Frontiers have (with the tire tread going diagonally down the rear corner of the bed), but I couldn't find them anywhere.

Like this:

I came across these last night. I think they're kinda cool with the diamond-plate and the American flag.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-4X4-SPORT-OFFROAD-DECAL-STICKER-FITS-TITAN-PRO-4X-FRONTIER-XTERRA-SUV-710-/190794857220?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6c427b04&vxp=mtr

I'm trying to decide whether they're too tacky or not. I have a black X, so basically any color scheme works, I'm just not sure if I want to bother.

What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

·
on line
4,434 Posts
Just my opinion, but I'm really not a fan of decals. Unless the decal has been clear coated over, I've always used a heat gun and pulled all decals off of all my vehicles. Its been my experience that without exception, they always end up looking like crap over time. And when they do and you go to pull them off, the paint under them hasn't faded at the same rate as the rest of the paint. Then you go to the dealer to get a replacement, only to be told it isn't available. So better to pull them off right away.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
on line
3,217 Posts
I have to say that I stay away from the decals as well. I have even pulled the ones that dealers put on the vehicles. In fact when I bought my last vehicle I pulled off everything that had their name on it before leaving the lot. My salesman asked me why I did that and said I don't do free advertising. If they want me to advertise where I bought my truck from them they can pay me $150 per month to do so.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The pic you posted with the Frontier and the decal looks cheesy IMHO. I would go without.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
That decal looks like it's from the 80s IMO.

I think you could take the template for it and sketch a couple ideas up. Creepy can make you whatever you want for cheaper than the price of the stock sticker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts