Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it rains it pours

Somewhere along the line, things went awry and last night noticed my tie rod adjuster was bent! The heavy duty calmini one. I never hit any thing. I went to take off tire and all the lug nuts were loose--I could take them off by hand!

So I am stuck home, the lugs are ground down from wobbling, the holes in the rim for lugs are no longer round but ground oval and I need a new tie rod adjuster and ends to besafe.

The tie rod is covered I can do that, I have an extra rim so just need it swapped, what I really, really need the help of a fellow GPAX member or club x member, or New x member with is replacing the wheel studs. I cant afford what theyd charge me to do it and they cant see me until Wednesday. In addition I have no other way to get to work.

Can someone local who has done this give me a hand Friday night or Saturday or Sunday replacing the lugs (the studs the tire bolts to) on the wheel assembly?

I really need help this isn't something that I need cosmetically--I need a safe vehicle so I can take my kids to day care and get to work. Plus I really cant afford the frikking rental for more than one day.

I am getting the bolts/lugs tonight. I just need help breaking it down taking the rotor off etc to replaces these things.

Please let me know if you can help. I'll do the wrenching I just need help taking it apart and putting back together so I don't make a mess.

if you want to call me a few guys have my cell number, crashdan, Stephen Breslin, xterra mike and TJ, or message me at club x or here

Thanks guys,

Lee

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. I just need guidance too.I can follow the various how-tos for replacing bearings etc that show me how to break things down, but it is stupid stuff you learn from watching it or others--like do I put the truck in 4wd to take off the hub? The reason I ask is I tried taking it off not in 4wd (yes it was jacked up so maybe the tire on ground provides needed resistance) and it wouldn't budge.

stuff like that how do I get rotor off to bang out these little bastards :)

Even help and hints or directions will be helpful. I am not afraid to get dirty and do the work - but what worries me is the uncharted waters aspect..Im concerned I may f something up because I didn't know it went theother way etc etc

Thanks,

Lee

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had some issues with a hex head screw on hub and some other holdups but got it done whew.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts