Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 pro-4x. Adding shrockworkworks bumpers front and rear with a front winch.

Therefore, additional weight on the suspension.

Looking at the PRG kit. http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/4wd_advanced_coilover_kit/

Or the nisstech kit with UCAs added.

I heard that you give up travel if you adjust the lift to 3" so 2" is recommended.

Any suggestions? Comments?

Goal is 2"-3" lift, with same ride and control.

I met a guy from Houston at the impact zone range who is on this board. He had a PRG lift. Lost his info.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Both lifts are good. If you want 3+ inches you will need the ucas.

Also make sure you he the HD (high rate springs) in the front and get HD leaf pack for the rear as well to support the extra weight.

Oh and the ride will be a little more stiff. And you will be taller so no high speed turns

And you will get razzed about not using the search feature since there are so many suspension threads

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured I would get razzed.

I just learned that the pro-4x started out level at the factory.

I don't want to miss anything as this is a significant investment and is frankly, a complicated endeavor.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I have preliminarily decided on:

Coil over + replacement UCA + camber bolts + new leafs

I want to maintain the stance of the pro-4x which I think is level from the factory.

Does anyone recommend adding 1" spacers to a 1.5-2" lift to achieve 2.5 or 3"?

If the nisstech EMU lift is set for the max 2", does that limit downward travel?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Im using medium rate springs with just the shrock front bumper and skids and it rides like stock.. so yea I'd run the HD springs with the winch added . Ill be going to hd springs once i add a winch.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I have a 2011 pro-4x. Adding shrockworkworks bumpers front and rear with a front winch.

Looking at the PRG kit. http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/4wd_advanced_coilover_kit/

I heard that you give up travel if you adjust the lift to 3" so 2" is recommended.

I met a guy from Houston at the impact zone range who is on this board. He had a PRG lift. Lost his info.
Posted via Mobile Device
where you located, i'm guessing the Katy area? anyways, if you need a hand installing or figuring out options let me know. if your'e going for 3" lift here's what i'd do.

2.5" radflo or Icon extended coilovers with 700lb coils
1/4", 1/2" & 5/8" thick aluminum top mount spacers (to fine tune spring load vs lift height)
PRG / TC / SPC UCA's
cam bolts
OME HD Dakar leafs springs or Alcan's
Adjustable shackles
bilstein or radflo rear shocks

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

Posted via Mobile Device
The absolute best thing you can do is call the manufacturers directly. They are more knowledgeable than anyone on an internet forum and can tailor the lift to your budget and requirements.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
The absolute best thing you can do is call the manufacturers directly. They are more knowledgeable than anyone on an internet forum and can tailor the lift to your budget and requirements.
while agree that a call to the manufacturer could prove useful, manufacturers are going to give you only information on their products. also, unless you're talking to an engineer for the company that helped design the product or a sales person that has run the exact set up, youre just gonna get a product discription that the sales person is reading off their web site.

the great thing about a forum is the coming together of minds and different thoughts. sure there are people that don't understand every part of their suspension (or their vehicle in general), but thats what other members are for. there are multiple members that have a great deal of experience on modifying from the stock suspension (SAS), even more that have experience modifying the stock suspension (TS), and almost everyone on the site has experience with spacers and aftermarket CO's.

there are more documented builds on this site that relate to offroad performance than anyone person can remember. some work better, some worked not so well, reserching previous build threads is a huge advantage. most threads give you before and after pictures, products used and reviews on the products. you'll see a lot of people running the same systems, why? because they work, they are proven and the performance value is worth it.

sorry for the rant,

t

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
while agree that a call to the manufacturer could prove useful, manufacturers are going to give you only information on their products. also, unless you're talking to an engineer for the company that helped design the product or a sales person that has run the exact set up, youre just gonna get a product discription that the sales person is reading off their web site.

the great thing about a forum is the coming together of minds and different thoughts. sure there are people that don't understand every part of their suspension (or their vehicle in general), but thats what other members are for. there are multiple members that have a great deal of experience on modifying from the stock suspension (SAS), even more that have experience modifying the stock suspension (TS), and almost everyone on the site has experience with spacers and aftermarket CO's.

there are more documented builds on this site that relate to offroad performance than anyone person can remember. some work better, some worked not so well, reserching previous build threads is a huge advantage. most threads give you before and after pictures, products used and reviews on the products. you'll see a lot of people running the same systems, why? because they work, they are proven and the performance value is worth it.

sorry for the rant,

t
The problem is for a new X owner - how to sift through the good and bad advice on a forum? You can't make the assumption that because someone posts a lot, they know what they're talking about.

Every time there's a noob posting questions like this, opinions start flying faster than bullets in Benghazi. Some are a hit and some are a miss. The only straight answers I've received that I can trust are from the mfg and they often contradict the "common" knowledge discussed in an internet forum. On the net, everyone thinks they're the expert... But, as soon as money starts changing hands, one quickly finds who the experts really are.

Just my .02 and no doubt there will be some "expert" lol internet opinions to follow. :wave:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I just came from having the ARB OME HD kit on my '05 to getting the NissTec extended travel ultimate kit w/ UCA's plus 1" coilover spacer and AAL/ adjustable shackles on my new 2013. I got about 4" of lift over stock. My new truck is 0.5" taller than my old that had the OME plus 2" BL. The ride is much more comfortable with the NissTec kit. Granted, I will have ti replace the leaf pack eventually but it is a brand new stick pack ti start. Not a tired, wirn pack.
I would recommend either set but note the comfort factor of NissTec.
Oh yeah, both trucks had/have the same Shrock bumper, winch, rack, skids, rear tire carrier, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts