Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Guys.
I need your help.
My 6MT has about 6000 miles so I wanted to rev the engine high a few days ago. It is working fine if I keep the rpm under 4500 when I shift the gears. But when I tried to shift gears at 5000 rpm I noticed some kind of rattling noise seems like comming from the flywheel when the cluch was depressed. Is it normal to hear the noise at such a high rpm?

Thanks.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Sounds like exactly the same noise I get at high RPM changing gears. Finally - someone else with the noise. Does it kinda rattle all up through the floor / clutch pedal as it makes the noise?

I took it to my dealer 3 times and the dumbasses refused to do anything because they seem to think it's my exhaust rattling on my hitch (At the other end of the truck). Let me know the outcome if you manage to get it fixed or diagnosed.

·
on line
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is not as bad as yours.
I just hear the noise when the clutch is depressed for shifting.
My friend who has some expericence as a mechanic told me that since the flywheel is rotation at such a high speed, it could make the noise.
But if I don't hear the samething from other guys, I will have the dealer to check it out.

·
on line
735 Posts
you know...maybe the very occasional reverberation I hear is similar to what you are trying to describe. when I'm taching max rev at 5000 or 6000 rpms trying to pull onto the freeway or something in 3rd gear, there sometimes is a vibratory like noise from a heat shield or something.... it actually sounds like the motor broke because of the sound that comes with it. almost like an exhuast leak with a floor board component harmonic.

It is rare and I don't plan on taking it in...nor do I think it could be fixed..short of pulling off a heat shield.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts