Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PAC SWI-X Steering Wheel COntorl Adapter....
I want to install it, and have the neccisary instructions. I also have Nissan Wiring Diagrams. The problem I post here is that I do not know where the heck the harness is that I am supposed to be using. I have two diagrams "of the harness", but no idea where to locate it. Here is a link to the installation page.
http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogra...mSearch=Nissan&Submit2=Search+Vehicles&ID=454

Has anyone installed one? Any help of course would be appreciated.[/url]

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's apparently some sort of connector in the X.. The PAC site, nor the full nissan wiring manual, tells you where it is actually located....

·
on line
131 Posts
I think that it might be one of the stereo connectors in the dash. I had one installed in my Altima SE, and seems like I remember wiring it to one of the factory plugs in the wiring harness that connected to the rear of the stereo. I believe that is where the adapter gets its power from.
Unfortunately, that was a few years ago, and I can't remember exactly what went where.
Good luck, though.

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have looked behind the stereo harnesses... Through process of elimination I have found the correct harnsess... The wire colors do not match up with the 05-07 instructions...So now I can;t find anything for an 08...Stuck...

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Dougw:

Do you have some photo of your Red Alert X that you can post up in the Exterior section? I would love to see your new fancy color.

By the way, hello from West Chester, PA! Getting ready for the big Scranton St. Patty's Day Parade?

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I was in Phoenix,AZ for it...Acutally still am.. I work in Broomall Part time on the medic unit there!! I will post a pic..

As for the PAC SWI-X ...I have hit a dead end with the 2008...PAC wasn't any help either...

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also: I have not been able to find wiring digrams for the 2008's... I have narrowed which connector hosts the wires I need. I have used a volt meter measuring Ohms and found several wires that meet the description of what I am looking for. I have narrowed, but not found. If I could find a wiring diagram I think I would be set...Thanks again Guys

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well..I'VE GOT IT!!! I'll explain soon! Thanks Everyone!

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright...The above diagram helped significantly. The colors did not mach up, however the pin locations did. The PAC manual for the 07's states you use a blue,red, and gray wire. I wired to the harness (M45 in the diagram) that is behind the and connects to the stock deck. For my 08 with rockford system wiring and the bluetooth, the colors are... Green(SWC Ground), Orange(SWC VOL), Purple(SWC UP/DN)...Hope this saves someone time in the furute...Once that was figured, installation itself is cake.

·
on line
95 Posts
NICE!!!! Congrats!
Gotta post the details so the rest of us can git-r-done too!

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will do.. I would imagine there will be variations however. I know there is a differemce between the "Premium Systme" and if there is Bluetooth Phone Present or not. But I;ll try to make a HOW TO soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts