Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so if you saw what i have goin on i have four hella 500 lights on my brush guard heres the thing. i took two of them off to make hooking up the other two easier, well i have been at it for the past 3 hours and i cant get the damn things to work and its really pissing me off. can someone with hellas give me some insight and possibly some pics of where they ran the wires and most importantly the grounds. the problems that i am haveing is that i hooked everything up like the diagram them gave me said but for one thing. the green wire goin to the switch, i put that to a fuse on the fus box(specificly #15 the cigar lighter) and not the the highbeams. if someone could please help me out here it would be a great help im just getting really mad at this.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
when i ran mine, i got power from the battery, grounded to the battery, and ran the green wire to the driver side turn signal (which also comes on with the auxiliary lights)...btw, the cigarette lighter fuse may not be getting power if the car is off, depends which one you use, some are always on, some are only on if the car is on......i found tapping into the turn signal light very easy and trouble free.

·
on line
962 Posts
Pm me for more details...but

Try going straight to the battery and then running the green wire to the PINK headlight wire if you want them to be on when you have the headlights on, if not then splice into the GREEN. this is the highbeam...the lights will be on with the highbeams that way.

Other than that, make sure that you have good connections between wires and that you have the them on the right parts of the switches.

One last thing to check is that the terminals are nice and tight. Also, the headlights MUST be on in order for them to turn on. If you have them hooked up to the highbeams, then they MUST be on....so on and so forth.

hope this helps.

·
on line
1,163 Posts
i ran my ground to the secondary negative post(small bolt after the main post) and tap the green wire with the red wire.

·
on line
1,123 Posts
shutterman0991 said:
Try going straight to the battery and then running the green wire to the PINK headlight wire if you want them to be on when you have the headlights on, if not then splice into the GREEN. this is the highbeam...the lights will be on with the highbeams that way.
I just got done wiring a set of lights into my highbeams. On the driver's side the colors are PINK and GREEN as shutterman0991 said, but on the passenger's side the colors are RED (lowbeams) and BLUE (highbeams).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts