Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a serious headache trying to figure out exactly what to do. I have been researching this for months now and the more I read the more confused I'm getting. I am ready to buy and I cannot afford an ignorant mistake.

I want to get a tube bumper from addicted offroad and add a winch to it. The weight of the bumper needs to be accounted for, but I am still waiting on Addicted to get back to me on the weight.
I want to go with the front TJM/Bilstein shocks with med coils.

Do I need to use spacers with the shocks as well or are they ok by themselves to hold the weight of the bumper and still add lift?

The back has become a complete headache for me.
Considering getting shackles are those enough or do I need to do anything else with the shackles?

I've got to get this sorted out before May for a run I want to go on.

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no 2005. From what I've read that bumper works with 2005 with a few adjustments.

Thank you. I'm going to call Nisstec in the morning and order the shocks and shackles.

·
on line
3,171 Posts
Something about that bumper doesn't seem right. The whole bottom of the rad is pretty exposed and has little protection against stones and sticks...

Are you only getting this one because it's lightweight? What kind of wheeling do you do?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Something about that bumper doesn't seem right. The whole bottom of the rad is pretty exposed and has little protection against stones and sticks...

Are you only getting this one because it's lightweight? What kind of wheeling do you do?
I plan on getting full skids including radiator skid.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called Nisstec just now and was talking to them about the shocks and shackle combo.
The woman said I would need rear shocks if I wanted to use the shackles at 2" and would also need a sway bar re-locator With adjustable cambolts?

Opinions?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
The sway bar goes in the garbage.
If you must you can have my relocation brackets if you want them just pay shipping.
If its only 2" total I ran that for about a year with stock shocks.
You are an 05 you should have cam bolts from factory.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thank you. As for now I think keeping the sway bar would be a good idea. I may change my mind later and would more than willingly mail your relocation brackets back to you or gift them to someone else in need.

Sent you a pm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts