Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!!

I need some help from you all. I sent Jim a pm to ask him how the project truck went with the install aspect of his armor since they decided to run his stuff over Calmini's. I was glad that I was able to help steer them toward his stuff. Anyways here's the response that I got from him and here's where I need your help. Basically please get the word out to all your repsective local clubs to buy current issues that feature these articles so that they see that there is a lot of interest. Also we can maybe send Jordan (the mag editor) some PM's about this as well. Not sure about the second part but please get the word out there about this to help get Jim's name out there since this is a big step in getting Jim's business out in the lime light and will really help him in a huge way.

shrockworks said:
They decided to do it in stages.... I shipped them the sliders to install there. They are taking a kinda wait & see approach to how much interest the first article or two generate.... I hope people are buying the mag and writing in. Please encourage people to do so on the forum!

·
TNX Administrator
20,444 Posts

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I already subscribe and will preach the shrock gospel.

·
TNX Administrator
20,444 Posts

·
TNX Administrator
20,444 Posts
Here is the response to my E-mail. . .

Senlin,

The project is still moving forward. The reason for the delays is that we have a lot going on within our magazine and don't always have the pages to fill it with everything we are working on each month. The vehicle currently has a lift kit and new tires installed and will be back in the magazine in the February 2007 issue. As you know the aftermarket for this vehicle is not overwhelming so we are having a tough time securing what we need. Being part of a publication its not as easy as just picking anything we want, we have to make a lot of people happy in the process.

Thank you for reading our magazine and being excited about the project. You will see more soon!

Jordan May
Feature Editor
4Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine
Off-Road Magazine

Office: 714-769-7418
Cellular: 714-342-5801
Fax: 714-769-7777
2400 E. Katella Ave., Suite 700
Anaheim, CA 92806

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's great. At least we know when we'll be able to see more on there. Jim can't wait to see that truck with your stuff on it. :cheers:

·
on line
2,938 Posts
The guy gave out his office and cell number. Nice.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
I subscribed last month. Too bad we have to wait till feb 07. Better than never I guess!!

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Just got my first issue - pretty Jeep centered as to be expected but the Xtrerra project was interesting. They've worked the suspension over with some stuff from Rancho and done the tires. I'd really like to see the interest to encourage more manufactures to build modifications for the X.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I've been a subscriber for about four or five months now. Personally I don't want to give Shrockworks any more business until I get all my stuff done! Waiting three to four months is killing me. Once I'm fully Shrocked I'll spread the word.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
PaulXyZ said:
I've been a subscriber for about four or five months now. Personally I don't want to give Shrockworks any more business until I get all my stuff done! Waiting three to four months is killing me. Once I'm fully Shrocked I'll spread the word.
OK done - front bumper, all the skid plates, sliders, diff cover, and just ordered the rear bumper - front to back done.

This stuff is first quality stuff. The bolts line up perfectly every single time. If they don't it's you doing something wrong, not Jim. The sliders are tough enough to take the impact of a 6-8" drop onto a rock and fully support the weight of the truck with barely a dent (field tested at Big Bear). The skid plates protect everything but the cheap muffler and the tail pipe (more field testing). Even in the extreme heat of the SoCal desert in summer the full treatment doesn't cause the truck to overheat. The front bumper mounts most winches including a 12,000 pound rated MileMarker SX12 with room to spare. That front bumper is made tough.

I haven't field tested the rear diff cover and I'm still waiting the rear bumper.

Not the cheapest but top quality. Not the fastest but worth waiting for. :cheers:

Paul

1 - 16 of 16 Posts