Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I am looking for is some factory switches for fog lights. I went to the dealer and the only thing they could find was a vdc switch. I guess I want to find just a black one or one that has the fog light on it. Please if anyone has any info let me know.

I hate the look of a toggle or rocker. This is the reason why I am looking for factory stuff.

Thanks jeff

·
on line
2,077 Posts
yeah, the only factory switch for fog lights is on the stalk with the regular lights...you'd need a new stalk. They come with the fog light kits you can get from courtesyparts.com or yournissanparts.com

·
on line
1,127 Posts
If you want a little bit cheaper, not quite as fancy, but easy to find. I just bought an Automotive switch from Lowes an hour ago to turn off and on my power inverter and they fit absolutely Perfectttt.

·
on line
316 Posts
Creek said:
x3 on those switches
Ok Creek, so where did you relocate the VDC switch?

·
Read Only
656 Posts
I bought the same switch as Creek, only in yellow. I thought it would be a close match for our amber dash light, but unfortunately, it's really yellow. Unless you want a distinct color, like Creek, white might blend better. Otherwise the switches are great. They fit perfectly and are really bright (LED). Instructions are rather technical for someone (like me) that doesn't understand electrical schematics. Good thing folks on this forum can tell you how to wire them up. I wish someone could explain to me how I can wire it so that it lights up when the dash lights are on as well as when the switch is turned on. Would make it easier to locate at night. I understand they can be wired to be normally on or illuminated only when the switch is on. I wonder if the terminal that will light the switch when it's in the off position could be tied into the headlights/dash lights. Not sure how to do that, but I'm guessing that it would make it work the way I described.

·
on line
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the help. They will be ordered. I want to get everything ready for that new bumper that should be here in a few weeks. Who would be someone to talk to about radflo's and uca's? I went out this weekend and something needs to be done to keep up with the crawlers I run around with. Once again thanks for all the help everyone provides.

·
on line
4,434 Posts
To resurect a thread from the dead, Question: How bright are these switches? I hate it when switch markers are too bright at night and ruin my night vision. I usually turn the dash lights down really far too.

·
on line
28 Posts
I went with the Toyota switches from rallylights.com. I like the other colored switches because they are labeled, but the Toyota switches feel solid and make a nice heavy click. They also blend nicely and the round amber led's aren't too glaringly bright.

AND they're pretty damn cheap!

-J

·
on line
2,072 Posts
so maybe I'm dense when it comes to wiring. My light switches have 3 pins on the back. What are the extra pins (4 pin or 6 pin) on those rocker switches for?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts