Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you measure the diameter of the main tube at the top of the basket making up its perimeter...Suppose you lay a 2x4 down on top of the basket in line with the vehicle. I want to know the diameter of the tube that the board would touch in the front.

I get mine Thursday, but I want to be ready with some materials. I smell a how-to brewing.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Just measured..

1" pipe.

the top one. as with the bottom are same Dia.

·
on line
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dont you worry about it...I dont think its been done yet, so I'm going to do my best at a decent how-to. We've got some really good ones here (Now I know how to fix my squeaky rear suspension) and I want to add to the bank.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Your welcome... now yea got us to wonder what the new MOD is... for the Roof rack...

·
on line
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great. I had a part being shipped 2-day, but they cant for some reason. So This wont be happeneing tomorrow anymore, but next week sometime. I'll still do it, just not as soon as I had hoped.

·
on line
254 Posts
Damn I just added another coat of paint on mine with the extension added and was going to mount it tonight. Oh sure... just as I was going to finish it your going to make me want to take it off again. Your evil LOL.

Yeah 1 inch, 1 inch heat shrink tubing goes perfectly over the joints and screws.

·
on line
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, so the how to is utterly pointless, as I did not realize how EASY it was going to be. Its just a bike rack.

Just bolt this

linky

to the bracket that the bolts for the wind fairing go into. Then bungee cord the back wheel to the top/back of the basket. Done. I was planning on a big ordeal bolting it with u bolts and a support bracket, but once I had the parts in hand it was a no brainer. Two holes, two bolts, one very sturdy bike rack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts