Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm a Xterra veteran...but just bought an '08 SE 4x4 and got rid of an '01 4x4....never really went off roading but plan on it now..hopefully going to ECXC this year.
I called Calmini and they said the rock sliders are NOT compatible with the '08...is that true? Should I go for Shrockworks? Any other modifications recommended to get ready for ECXC?
-Jason-
Philadelphia, PA
ps...anyone in the area who wants to help with installs / go off roading...send me a message.

·
on line
874 Posts
just tell them you have an 07...

·
on line
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I called Calmini I questioned it because the website states up to '07...he said something about the frame of the '08 doesn't have the proper mounting space drilled....and to modify this, one would need to drill near the gas tank...which he would not recommend....Nissan took my car today to upgrade my tires..so my wife has the truck right now and I can't assess this information for myself yet.

·
on line
152 Posts
Welcome... get Shrockworks. I plan on getting the Shrockworks ones soon. They look better and protect more.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Well im pretty sure you will have the same problem with the shrockworks sliders... I doubt Jim (owner of shrockworks) has had an 08 in his shop yet to test fit the sliders, so there is no real way of knowing. But if the only thing that is different on the 08 is that another hole has to be drilled... then come on, thats no big deal at all.

Shrockworks is like Sunny D... and Calmini is like the purple stuff!!!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I don't know how the Calmini attach to the frame, but I wouldn't doubt that it's different than the Shrock.

Someone on here with an 08 ordered some Shrock sliders, not sure if he got them yet or not.

It also doesn't shock me if Calmini doesn't change their sliders to fit the 08's. I don't think they have sold all that many.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts