Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Need Advice re: Shrocks and Lights

712 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  strideref 
#1 ·
All - I am about ready to order my Shrock front/rear bumpers and sliders. I also want to get a set of round driving lights installed on the front bumper and a set of low profile lights installed under the rear roof bar (pointing backwards).

Does anyone have advice on:

1) which front driving lights to get?

I was looking at the PIAA 520, 5294 SMR 6" driving lights on the shrock site, but do not know which might work best.

2) which rearward-facing lights to get?

Again, I thought getting the ractangular PIAA 2100 SMR White from Shrock might work well and be convenient.

3) whether to buy the armor used, piecemeal, or order all at one time from Shrock?

Does anybody know if their wait times are still 7 months or more for a set?

4) How to get all of this stuff installed?

I'm admittedly not very handy on the vehicle myself, and dont have the facilities to do an install even if I knew how. I would be fine taking the rig to a shop that does this sort of stuff, but would the average 4x4 shop be able to install the armor and the lights?

5) Whether I should use a pro-shop to get the lights rewired and new rocker switches installed so I can operate the fog lamps, roof based stock off road lamps, driving lamps, and rear lamps independently. (I would fry myself if I tried it alone).

I drive a 2012 Pro 4X with 265/75/16 Cooper ST MAXXs, KN drop in filter, and a Bully Dog.

All advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
For the money, Hella 500's with 85 watt bulbs are pretty darn good lights. I bought a pair at Pep Boys for $49 on sale last year (per pair for the complete kit) and the 85w PIAA bulbs were around $13 ea., if I recall...

For $75 total, I'm quite happy. Next on the list is a 30" Single Row LED light bar for the roof with 10w CREE bulbs. My friend just got one of FleaBay and it's bright, very bright.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.