Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Snow plow keeps building another Chinese wall right on my drive way entrance. Thinking to put a sign in there for him not to block the entrance with snow, but not sure what exactly to write in there. Any ideas? Couldn't find anything on e-bay, not sure if something like that even exist?

Oh, accidentally posted in wrong category, admin, please move where appropriate. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Not sure about Canada, but down here in Washington their job is to keep the roads clear, not the entrance to your driveway. You may be SOL.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Not sure about Canada, but down here in Washington their job is to keep the roads clear, not the entrance to your driveway. You may be SOL.
This. And honestly from what I understand knowing some plow drivers for DOT, if you put up a sign and they see it, they may just make it a point to make a larger "Chinese wall" lol.

I honestly don't think you can do much about it. But that's just my .02

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I totally understand, but this is extreme what we are getting there ...We are the last house on our street, very quiet subdivision of maybe 20 houses there. There is forest all around us, crown land with public trails, so at the end of the street, there is like a little parking lot. To clear that, snow plow has to clear bigger area and the walls of snow are big and high. Unfortunately there is my driveway entrance there too. Our driveway is U shaped, so we have 2 entrances, one is clear and this second one is blocked with huge pile of snow :-( Unfortunately I need the second entrance to be clear as well, that's the route for hauling water into our place...I would not mind common blockage from clearing, but this is way too much to clear for me with a shovel :-(

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Yeah, most municipal and contracted plow companies couldn't/wouldn't give a duck about your driveway (not to mention it's private property - not town property, not their problem). I suppose you could hire your own plow guy just for that spot (though you may as well have him do everything). Maybe you and a few neighbors could take it up with the town?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll try to talk to him, maybe he could push a little less snow where our drive way is, some manageable amount...

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Hefty would just shift up and ruin your fenders...
Posted via Mobile Device
That was with the first hefty bumper. Not a problem with the new ones. Besides, if you order a Shrock, by the time it ever actually shows up, global warning will have rendered snow as extinct as dinosaurs.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 34 Posts