Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finally getting around to mounting my radiator skid plate to the front Shrock bumper, I'm stuck. Either the skid plate is bent or the little stabilizer bar thingy is bent, can't tell if that's what's going on or I'm just doing it wrong.

Sooo, if someone could snap a shot of both sides of where the skid plate and stabilizer plate come together, right behind the sway bar. or if there's a shot like that posted on here I haven't found it yet.

THANKS!!!

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had my lil bro try and do the skid install after Kokopop and Creek did the bumper install up in NJ. My bro said the bracket or plate was bent, they weren't lining up properly when he put it behind the sway bar.

I'm thinking I might need to call Shrockworks up and see if I can order just that skid mounting bracket.

A side view pic of anyone who has the bumper and skid mounted would be great just for my own appeasement!

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Both where bent, but I had it on and off several time before i gave it to you. Plus I tried to straighten it out best I could. hell it was used, it should have been expected.

Needless to say it is a tight fit on the bottom bolts. Send me a PM if you feel you got hosed.

John, you need to put the skid plate under the sway arm bracket. Otherwise it will hang up on rocks.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Just heard my Escape cleared procurement. Not sure when I will get it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts