Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been driving down to NC more often, sometimes to Raleigh and other times over to Tarboro. Occasionally I make it over to Wilmington too, kinda depends on which family member we are visting.

I couldn't help but notice - I never see any modded Xs. Actually, I barely see any Xterras at all. I mean I know sNo is over in Raleigh and a few of the fronty guys are around too. But anyone over in the Edgecombe county area by chance?

Not sure if anyone is catching a glimpse of me, night armor (usually muddy) with VAXC stuff all over it. I am always on the look out, but never seem to catch anyone.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Moving to NC from CO, there are a lot less Xterras here. Its more like Atlanta, where I grew up. I see lots of 2wds here.

·
Registered
534 Posts
And what thursday might that be? You know I'm usually down work permitting.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
The only times mine has been in 4wd, since moving to NC, was in the snow a handful of times and driving on the beach at Topsail.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am a non-modded X in North Hills/Raleigh NC. I have seen a few second gens around north raleigh, they were non-modded as DD's. I use mine as a DD myself and haven't been offroad except when we got that one snow this year. Not sure how capable the stock X is especially since I have LTX M/S2 street type tires. Have been wanting to check out some trails though.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Mine is stock too. I just have 32" A/Ts on it and a few other non offroad related things. I even have the side steps back on it now to protect the paint from chips.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Even at a stock level these rigs are amazing. As long as you are a good driver you will be fine.

My first time up at Rausch I was bone stock, only had my rails off. The only reason why I took damage is because of a dumb co-pilot getting all panicky and distracting me.

But we ended up on a black trail - all that happened is I rolled forward a bit and bumped a small tree. The MX was a beast the whole way though, this was before the lift, better shocks, bigger tires, spacers, and sliders. If you are a good driver who knows your rig and you have a good spotter you are good.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Yeah, I wheeled mine all over CO without any damage. I even accidentally ran a few trails (missed turn off) that were a lot rougher than suitable for a stock vehicle made it out without dmg.

Your tires will be fine on dry trails. On wet trails, I would have issues too. You need M/Ts for wet muddy southern trails.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello fellow NC transplants! I live in the Jacksonville area and regularly go to N. Topsail and Onslow Beach when I really need to use my 4WD. I really love going out to Ure too, and have in my slightly more than stock X. All I have right now is a 2" spacer lift and bigger tires. I'm part of the group Carolina Trail Stalkers on Facebook, it's mostly Jeep guys, but I'm pretty sure I'll be joining them for a trip opening weekend out to Ure. Feel free to check them or me out on Facebook and you could join if you want. My name is Tim Cotton. Hope to see some of you guys some time.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
This is plenty of notice! May 8th thru that Sunday.

You can run all of URE in a stock Xterra. I'm the designated spotter when I go out, so I can get you all over. I won't be able to make opening weekend for URE, but looking forward to going on an off day because it's not busy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
534 Posts
so ^Thats different from april 10th right? Your still going for that? I should be able to go.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts