Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm aware of the two designated areas in NC for wheeling...but I'm looking for other options such as fire trails that may be open to wheeling.

Not looking for anything too challenging, just someplace with nice scenery and a fun ride in the X. I'd be interested in places around the Triad or the Boone area.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

·
on line
1,891 Posts
I've been to URE several times now, and to Kure beach, both were great times. I haven't found anything other then those though. But I will have more time to find places when I get back from the desert in May. Hopefully I will have my topographic GPS by then. CHeck out ENCXC.org, there are quiet a bit of guys on there that go wheeling often and might know of other trails.

·
on line
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips and the links guys....I'll check them out.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Hopefully I get to go there when I get back. I've heard talk of a big run sometime at the end of April or beginning of May, not too sure where it is going to be, but seeing as how I'll be back from the desert and on R&R I'm def going to it.

·
on line
69 Posts
yeah it's pretty rough!!!! but there are some trails that are stock friendly well a lil bit lol but what you have should be ok on sum trails .. i've been looking in going to Coal Creek

·
on line
1,340 Posts
jnooke said:
yeah it's pretty rough!!!! but there are some trails that are stock friendly well a lil bit lol but what you have should be ok on sum trails .. i've been looking in going to Coal Creek
NOAS will be at CC. in June.

·
on line
1,340 Posts

·
on line
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That sounds like fun...what is the minimum required to run the trail? I'm currently a bone stock S with no skids or sliders. Hope to have at least the sliders by then...

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Yeller_X said:
You at least need recovery points front & rear and a tow truck # just in case.
and a CB.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts