Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Yesterday was National Public Lands Day. I don't know how much activity there was nationally, but the Utah Four Wheel Drive Association is really active in this each year. I am a member of that group and the Utah Xterra Onwers Club. The U4WDA is our advocacy group in the state and member of the Blue Ribbon Coalition, USA All, etc.

Anyway, I thought it would be fund to post up reports of any activity. The goal of NPLD is to keep our public lands open. The U4WDA is very active with other local clubs to keep access to trails in the state open. This includes Moab, which is under constant onslaught from the enviro's. I love the environment and treat it with respect, but I want to also see it. I am not anti environment, just open to enjoying it. It is the doofuses that trash things who will make us lose access. Anyway, enough preaching. To to www.u4wda.org to see more.

In Utah, we had events occur all over the state. This ranged from trail repair, fences to keep idiots off of fragile land, to clean ups. The Utah Xterra Owners Club joined with the main U4WDA group in American Fork Canyon...you won't find a prettier place anywhere, and it is close to the main population in Utah, so it gets used. We had hundreds of offroaders out working across the state.

In addition, my oldest son chose to do a project with the U4WDA for his Eagle Scout project. We had UXOC and boy scouts combined for a total of 10 in our group. We cleaned up camps and trails fro almost 5 miles. One of our female club members cleaned an area and I quote. "I saw things that a girl should not have seen".

Here are some pics of the day. I didn't get the third X in any pics, so I am in deep dooooo :)

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s2/jtaoj/UXOC NPLD 2007/

If you participated in this in other states, post up. Lets see what is being done around the country!!!!

·
on line
704 Posts
I think that this is a damn good idea. Somebody should bring these activities to CA. Thanks for participating!

·
on line
4,593 Posts

·
on line
631 Posts
I can see my buddy's jeep in the background! The yellow jeep, from Wasatch Outlaw Wheelers. Good job UXOC, Wasatch Outlaws and everyone elese that participated... too bad I was not in Utah during this :(

·
on line
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
driver X said:
I can see my buddy's jeep in the background! The yellow jeep, from Wasatch Outlaw Wheelers. Good job UXOC, Wasatch Outlaws and everyone elese that participated... too bad I was not in Utah during this :(
Yeah, the Wasatch Outlaws and the Wild Yotes clubs were at this site in full strength. Great bunch of wheelers!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts