Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howzit, Here's nalu's one at Kaena Point having fun...
Getting ready to take the plunge.

Nothing wrong with taking a break for lunch and enjoying the view.

Someone overcooked their eel.

Back to the trail we go.

The Xterra climbs like a mountain goat.

My son is only 15 months and drives like a pro.

My wife thought I was going to tip, I wanted her to check if there was a rock stuck on the bottom of the tire.

She didn't see anything. Is that full droop? And I forgot to take off my rear sway bar.

Always a fun day at Kaena Point. Aloha, nalu's one

·
on line
564 Posts
Very cool pics. I really miss Hawaii!

Is it me...or does it look like the X's articulation really sucks up front? It looks like the front passenger side wheel isn't stuffed at all...it even looks like the LCA is still level with the chassis.

Rob

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Sweetness !!

·
on line
278 Posts
Awesome pictures. The tires lift is totally BA. Where exactly in Hawaii is this? The main island? If so, I might just have to get stationed out in Pearl Harbor.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
It is on the the east side of the island, you can also get to it from the north side. I used to go on that trail a lot when I was there, as well as go to peacock flats up in the near-by mountains. When I was there though, I coulnd't find any others with X's that liked going off-road. I was there from '03-'06, stationed at Hickam, it was great. Man, do miss Hawaii.

Nice pics man, definetely a great time out there.

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1_BAMF_X said:
Awesome pictures. The tires lift is totally BA. Where exactly in Hawaii is this? The main island? If so, I might just have to get stationed out in Pearl Harbor.
Howzit 1_BAMF_X, Yes Kaena Point in on the island of Oahu. Same island that Pearl Harbor is on. The only legal place that DLNR will not fine or hassle you for wheelin' on this island is up at Peacock Flats though. I try to go to KP on the week days to avoid them. But check this out, Oahu C&C is planning to build a offroad vehicle park in Sand Island near Pearl Harbor and it will have rock crawler course, obstacle 4x4 course, mud pit, dirt bike and bmx tracks, and a few other 4x4 type things. To be completed in 2008 or 09. Plus the Super Ferry will be operating end of this year to bring you outer island with your truck. So getting stationed in Hawaii for military offroad enthusiasts may not be that bad. Aloha, nalu's one

·
on line
631 Posts
nalu's one said:
But check this out, Oahu C&C is planning to build a offroad vehicle park in Sand Island near Pearl Harbor and it will have rock crawler course, obstacle 4x4 course, mud pit, dirt bike and bmx tracks, and a few other 4x4 type things. To be completed in 2008 or 09. Plus the Super Ferry will be operating end of this year to bring you outer island with your truck. So getting stationed in Hawaii for military offroad enthusiasts may not be that bad. Aloha, nalu's one
Sand Island?!?! Frick! Dat place is getting so crowded now! First car my dad learned how to drive was on Sand Island... but that was back when it was all sand haha. The pics look good cuz! Keep wheelin!

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Lucky dog. I tired for 20 years to get a billet in Hawaii. Denied each and every time. :pain10:

Wife and I took a vacation there last year. Just gorgeous. Enjoy the tour. I'm so envious.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
8th Man said:
Lucky dog. I tired for 20 years to get a billet in Hawaii. Denied each and every time. :pain10:

Wife and I took a vacation there last year. Just gorgeous. Enjoy the tour. I'm so envious.
That sucks, some how I got it as my first assignment.

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
8th Man said:

Howzit, 8th Man check this out, I did 8 years in the Army here in Hawaii and got out joined the Coast Guard to get stationed on a 378 based out of Hawaii, did my airman progam here and am now stationed at ASBP till' 2009. Damn, I can't get off this island. :geek:

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Haha, I can't wait to go back there. I'm originally from SoCal, and fell in love with Oahu. I was there for just over 3 years, and loved it. Of course I got island fever and needed to go back to CA for a few weeks, but other then that I thought it was great.

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Howzit, We're thinking of moving to Reno or Denver around 2009 and I'm leaning more towards Denver. Why Reno or Denver? Cause we want to explore the great outdoors and I'm looking at a career change. Damn, mean I've got to go back to school. Any Radiology Technicians out there? When I have a degree in Radiology, Then we'll move back to Hawaii.
Aloha, nalu's one

1 - 14 of 14 Posts