Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok its happened 4 times now and im at a loss as to what it is.. so i start my truck, let it sit a sec, and start driving off.. a couple of seconds down the road, i get this piercing beep coming from behind the dash, like behind the speedometer..
im completly clueless as to what the beep is or why its beeping at me
what is it?

·
on line
1,574 Posts
could it be from the door tweeter thingy?
the annoying pos that beeps when you have your door open that i want to rip out of the truck and run over a few times?

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Ok what's with all the *** Terra's we have 2 Sexterra's and a texterra
can we stop copying eachother?

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Sounds like the pressure sensor for your tires but you should also have a light that comes on as well.

·
on line
148 Posts
as long as you keep your speed above 50 mph, you should be ok.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
theres a beep with your tire sensor?
i dont think mine has that.
and i think he wants the problem solved, not just to be told its alright

·
on line
1,667 Posts
its most likely the tire pressure system. is the yellow icon lit? its on the left of the speedo.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
if he has an 05 model then along with the pressure system light comes an annoying beeping sound (none of the other years have the sound). The way to make it stop would be to check the air in all of your tires. they must be above 33 psi AND they must all be within 3 psi of each other.

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok...
there is no light with the beep and on the topic of the tire pressure sensor: i just got a brand new set of michelin AT2's and dischount tire put brand new pressure sensors in each of the rims and the pressure light has been on before and after i got the new rubbers.. so its been lit for maybe 6 a month... and i drive my truck to and from school every day and on the weekends so i dont think that it has anythiing to do with the tires since its only beeped 4 times during the month that the lights been on..
sex- the beeping lasts maybe 5-10 seconds.. maybe less.. iono.. and i havent added anything to the electrical system yet.
so im still clueles.. but if this has anytihng to do with anything, all except for one time, it has been (relativly) cold every time the beep starts (30's i know.. thats not cold but i live in texas and we all wear coats when it drops below 70)

·
on line
2,459 Posts
teX-TERRA said:
i just got a brand new set of michelin AT2's and dischount tire put brand new pressure sensors in each of the rims
I would honestly have to say....I doubt that...not to be mean. But these tire pressure sensors cost over $100 brand new. I don't think they would just replace them when you put new tires on.

I would check your tires, make sure they are all within 3psi of each other. And that you mentioned cold weather that will make your tires go down in pressure.

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i probabily should check the pressure regardles..
anecdote time...
ok i was thinkinkg about getting a job at discount tire this summer cuz where else can a junior get $9 an hour, so the dude let me go into the bay and watch what they do. after they took the tire off, they took out the old sensor, then he opened a package and put these new sensors that resembled the origional ones.. but while he was airing the tires up in the cage thing, the tire rolled and the cage bar snapped the stem on the sensor, the guy rebroke the bead and put a new one in.. then his manager came out and got pissed at the guy saying the same thing cornick jsut did.. he was like "these things are $100 bucks a piece."
so yeah... uh.. i know what you mean, cornick, but its whatever...

so you guys sure that the beep is a result of the pressure sensors?
ill go out and check the pressure and air them up and ill see if that helps

·
on line
1,667 Posts
its a long beep, right? also check the spare underneath.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Did they reset the computer after putting the new one on your vehicle? Once a new one is in place the 4 need to be calibrated again.

The spare wouldn't matter, it doesn't report. The computer only handles 4 sensors at a time.

·
on line
57 Posts
Do you have your seatbelt on? Stupid question but no one else asked.

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha yeah.. in plano theres no actually evil stuff going on so the only thing the (way too many) cops have to do is wait for you to speed, bust you for possession and other stupid sh!t like seatbelts.. i dont need to take the chance
the dude said it would calibrate automatically but i doubted that... plus what does he know about the X..
how would i calibrate it?

·
on line
2,459 Posts
It won't calibrate itself. That's your problem and you can't do it. Take it to a dealership.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts