Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the request of a few, here are the pics of my X with the American Racing Cartels in 17x8 black face. They're wrapped in 265/65 Pirelli Scorpion ATRs.

This is the Alpine DVA-9861 DVD/CD receiver under the Alpine SBS-05DC center channel speaker. (Sorry about the bad lighting.)

This is the fuse block running power to...

...the Alpine Dolby 5 channel theater amp....

...and the Alpine mono sub amp.

The Alpine 10 is in this prefab box until I can get a custom box built like USMC_Xterra's.

However, I did put in a speaker terminal in the cargo area. This allows for quick disconnect and removal of the sub for those trips to Home Depot.

These are the Alpine passive crossovers going to the stock tweeters and front door speakers. It was an inexpensive way to get a little better sound, but components will replace them soon.

And here's another look at the X. Thanks for your interest.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
nice rim choice. i like it. i also have that same headunit, do u like it. and i never thought of mounting it in the bottom of the hole. BRILLIANT!! i bet you can read the screen better. mines a bitch!!

·
on line
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice rim choice. i like it. i also have that same headunit, do u like it. and i never thought of mounting it in the bottom of the hole. BRILLIANT!! i bet you can read the screen better. mines a bitch!!
I wanted the center channel speaker to be closest to the dash/tweets as possible so it went above the head unit. It was a practical choice but it seems to work there best. I don't know if the single DIN install kits allow you to choose top or bottom though (?).

Thanks for the comments, you guys. With all the "caliper clearance" controversy, I thought I'd show a different route. As you can see, my X is more of a concrete jungle dweller than an actual mudder. It's a 4WD but that switch hasn't been turned other than to verify it works.

·
on line
559 Posts
scottb said:
Thanks for the comments, you guys. With all the "caliper clearance" controversy, I thought I'd show a different route. As you can see, my X is more of a concrete jungle dweller than an actual mudder. It's a 4WD but that switch hasn't been turned other than to verify it works.
What offset are the wheels?

·
on line
1,479 Posts
nice truck!

·
on line
631 Posts
clean. looks nice

as for your headunit, which install kit did you use? and the speaker above it? never seen that done before, but i might just bite if i can find it!!

·
on line
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
as for your headunit, which install kit did you use? and the speaker above it? never seen that done before, but i might just bite if i can find it!!
The glory of using the center channel speaker and a single-DIN head unit is that you don't need an install kit. Both pieces bolt right into the factory radio brackets.

I got the Alpine center channel - and everything else, except the sub box - off of eBay. Including some wire and install parts purchased here in town, the whole system was less than a grand. I used to work in car stereo so doing my own install is part of the fun.

·
on line
189 Posts
the wheels and tires look sick bro

nice setup on your whole X

·
on line
161 Posts
ive got the exact same HU and i love it. I think im going to upgrade my empty little slot with a plastic hole to that center channel speaker. nice choice

1 - 17 of 17 Posts