Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Thought i'd let you in that my 05 Xterra was stolen. They broke into my car which i accidentally left the key in. The next morning they took the truck. Called the cops and they actually found it 1 mile down the road and no damage. They have the key and remote. They stole some granola bars 2 dollars in quarters. That's it. No miles put on the car. They did put gas in it though lol cause it was empty. Well i was wanting to get the keys changed and reprogrammed. Nissan wanted 750 to 1000 dollars for the job. I was like hell no. Throught the maxima.org i have a contact at southpoint nissan in texas and i he did a search throught the whole nation and found only one dealer had the key lock assembly in stock. I ordered it next day got the keys changed. Took about 30 mins to do it. Not very hard to do at all. 169 dollars and 30 dollars for overnight morning. I got the car towed to nissan for free and got the keys reprogrammed by paying a friend that works there off. Cops didnt catch the theifs. I was pissed but happy the xterra was undamaged. THe funny part of it all was i did the front and rear diff change the night before and when i saw it gone the first thing that came to my mind was dang it all that work last night gone. HAHA. Thought i'd share my story.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
lol, theif steals car, puts gas in for exchange of granola bars and leaves truck un-damaged and no miles down the road.

·
on line
376 Posts
This sounds like a prank to me. Me and my dad were meeting up w/ my uncle at a dealership one day and saw his truck so we parked and walked by. We then noticed the keys were in it so we moved it all the way to the other side of the lot. Then we found my uncle and asked him if we was ready to go. When we walked back he freaked out cuz his truck wasn't there, and he called the cops. We had to quickly tell him what happened, and he laughed about it. It just seems to me if someone had really stolen your X, they would have done something w/ it.

·
on line
1,420 Posts
Exactly!!!

·
on line
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah. This happened in Roseville just a few miles northeast of minneapolis. I'm just happy the cops went looking for it religiously. I live on the border of 3 counties and he had all the counties searchign for it. The cop found it 1 hour after i called it in in an apartment complex about a block away and kinda of hidden. So kudos goes to the police on this one for quick response. Cop even waited for me to come from work about 45 mins so i wouldnt have to get it towed.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
lol that they put gas in it. Hell I am going to start leavin my keys in there:)

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Sorry it was me....I hate seein X's with no gas. And as for the granola bars - i got hungry. I used the quarters to try and call u but i kept getting the machine.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
B REAL said:
Sorry it was me....I hate seein X's with no gas. And as for the granola bars - i got hungry. I used the quarters to try and call u but i kept getting the machine.
haha now thats funny :cheers:

·
on line
68 Posts
LOL, I work at South Point Nissan here in Austin. Who is your contact?

·
on line
1,208 Posts
glad to hear you got it back no damage plus gas :)

·
on line
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dave Burnette. He's been awesome selling stuff to the maxima.org group. Its a heck of a lot cheaper than going to nissan dealership. I know that there are other sites that have similar prices now but I always rely on Dave.

·
on line
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well my deductable was 500 dollars and it only cost me 200 to replace all locks and get it reprogrammed. So I didnt claim it to insurance so the rates wont go up. I was on the phone with my insurance company when the officer called and I told the agent to hold. I told her they found it without damage and she said it be best not to file a claim unless needed later.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts