Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I know, I have an '06 SE. Has the four spoke wheels and says SE on the back. Here is where it gets fun ...

I did a couple of Google searches with my VIN and they all came back stating that my Xterra was an '06 OR, I also did a vehiclehistoryrecord.com report and it says that I own an '06 OR model.

Fairly certain that it is an SE, but why the discrepancy and is there any other way to check? My door jam reads: TCKZLTN-EUA which would mean '06 SE also.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Look at the rear axle and count the number of bolts on the rear differential. 12 means it's an M226 axle which is only on OR and 2wd Xterras. 8 means it's a C200k, which SEs came with.

Look for the switch in the center dash for the locker. Again, a stock OR came with the switch (associated with the axle). If not, it may be a true SE.

Assuming it still has the original shocks, if they're blue and yellow, you have an OR in disguise. If they're black, it's probably really an SE.

·
on line
3,673 Posts
Look at the rear axle and count the number of bolts on the rear differential. 12 means it's an M226 axle which is only on OR and 2wd Xterras. 8 means it's a C200k, which SEs came with.

Look for the switch in the center dash for the locker. Again, a stock OR came with the switch (associated with the axle). If not, it may be a true SE.

Assuming it still has the original shocks, if they're blue and yellow, you have an OR in disguise. If they're black, it's probably really an SE.
So much misinformation haha.

The M226 came in 4wd Off Road models as well as any manual transmission model. The C200K came in automatic S, SE, and 2wd automatic Off road models.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
So much misinformation haha.

The M226 came in 4wd Off Road models as well as any manual transmission model. The C200K came in automatic S, SE, and 2wd automatic Off road models.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
didnt the automatic 2wd offroad models have a locker? wouldnt that mean they also came with the m226? or do they make a factory locker for the c200k that i havent heard of?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Call the burn unit!

In 2005 they did have an Off-Road 2wd X, it did not have a locker, I assume it had the upgraded interior and shocks that came on the Off-Road model and maybe even descent control? I assume Nissan decided that badging a 2wd vehicle as "off-road" was silly, so they dropped it.

Also, the roof lights did not appear on the off-road model until 2008 when it got the facelift.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
although im pretty sure ive seen something somewhere about the 2wd offroad i dont think this is enough evidence. it wouldnt be the first time someone misnamed it. also in the car connection site if you look at the pictures you can clearly see the 4wd indicator window as well as a 4wd selector switch thus making it not 2wd and just a normal offroad.

·
on line
3,453 Posts
Call the burn unit!

In 2005 they did have an Off-Road 2wd X, it did not have a locker, I assume it had the upgraded interior and shocks that came on the Off-Road model and maybe even descent control? I assume Nissan decided that badging a 2wd vehicle as "off-road" was silly, so they dropped it.

Also, the roof lights did not appear on the off-road model until 2008 when it got the facelift.
Misinformation again.

It was 2009+ when they started getting the roof lights added onto the Pro-4x models.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts