Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deae sir
Sine many months,my Nissan XTerra automatic Gear box is putting me in troubles with mechanics,
At first all gears refuses to work then i took it the mechanic,he says we should change new Box,i have done it..
When he fixed that gear box we tested together the car and it runs well ..,after 30 minutes of test, only 1rst and 2 nd gears were working...
The mechanic says we should change another Gearbox again,..we did..but same problem started again..till 3rd gearbox...till 4th gearbox...
I don't know what to..so please help me!!..

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
unless they have a really bad supplier for rebuilt transmissions... something else is going on. have the comupters been checked out? ecm/ tcm? are they replacing / checking the torque converter?

·
on line
424 Posts
Given the troubles begin after a period of operation and is not isolated to one transmission unit, consider electronics. Check grounds. Nissan is good in designing multiple ground paths. Check for wiring that travels near heat sources. Try and find a donor vehicle with known good performance and see if you can swap electronics to see if the problem travels to the donor vehicle and goes away on yours. This is cheaper than just buying new electronics you may not need.

·
Registered
888 Posts
3 transmissions were swapped in/out?! Plus the original?! That's just plain hard-headed / stupid. New mechanic that has a clue is first order of business.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
unless they have a really bad supplier for rebuilt transmissions... something else is going on. have the comupters been checked out? ecm/ tcm? are they replacing / checking the torque converter?
Tomorrow i will take it to computer check company to see if they can solve the problem and i will get back to you..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its sounds like its stuck in limp mode. You need someone to troubleshoot according to diagnostic procedures, and not just change the same part over and over.
There is an expression about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...
tomorrow I will take it computer shop to check if they can help me . ...then i will get back to you!..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts