Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With it getting chilly down here in the south I've been wanting to use my heater in my 07 4WD X, but when I go to use it on level 1,2,3 they dont blow. But on level 4 it works. Anyone know how to fix this??

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
With it getting chilly down here in the south I've been wanting to use my heater in my 07 4WD X, but when I go to use it on level 1,2,3 they dont blow. But on level 4 it works. Anyone know how to fix this??
Have you seen this yet?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Listen the the mix door actuator behind the glove box. Don't start the truck, but turn the key to the on position, and listen as you switch between heat settings. You should hear the actuator move. Mine went bad last year and would only go to full heat or no heat. When I listened to it, I could only hear it working for full heat. Replacing it was super fun.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Loosing some of the fan speeds is definitely the resistor card failing (which controls the fan).

My 08 X - replaced the factory resistor card ~2012/2013. Replaced resistor card again 2015. Read here on the forums about folks regularly replacing the resistor cards every year or 2. The 3rd card crapped in 2017. Replaced the card plus the blower motor as the forums suggested the blower motor was degrading and drawing more power thru the resistor card burning out the card. Now 2021 and still on the 2017 resistor card.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Loosing some of the fan speeds is definitely the resistor card failing (which controls the fan).

My 08 X - replaced the factory resistor card ~2012/2013. Replaced resistor card again 2015. Read here on the forums about folks regularly replacing the resistor cards every year or 2. The 3rd card crapped in 2017. Replaced the card plus the blower motor as the forums suggested the blower motor was degrading and drawing more power thru the resistor card burning out the card. Now 2021 and still on the 2017 resistor card.

This is what I need to do. I have replaced the board several times! This past August was the last time, failed again on me before Christmas... I do occasionally get a bit of burning smell, time for blower fan replacement I think!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get an OEM blower motor. I got one on ebay out of a low mileage wrecked fronty (supposedly) for $60.00. That was a year ago and its still working great. My original lasted more than a decade. Before that I tried the best one rock auto sells. It never did blow as much air and starting squealing at 6 months.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I agree about going OEM for those that need a new blower motor. The original one lasted a decade. My aftermarket replacement one lasted 2 years and it was louder and weaker from day one. Replaced with OEM about 3.5 years ago and it's working great.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Complete jerk of me. Did not get the OEM blower, will probably regret it but I have been getting some awful burning smells and that resistor board is constantly burning up. So I got a non OEM blower assembly that should be here in a few days plus the resistor board.

While I was out, I also overpaid for some in-cabin air filters from Advanced Auto Parts. Ya me making bad decisions today.

I'll report back.

-Jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts