Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it mean when my VDC, ABS, Limited Slip, and 4WD all stop working at once? Electrical or mechanical?

This morning when I started it up, the ABS, VDC and SLIP lights were on in the dash (its not just the lights, either, these things are actually not working). Then tried to put it in 4Hi and 4Lo, neither of which would engage. No incidents leading to the malfunction, just stopped working. I'm thinking its a electrical problem, but I don't know. Have an appointment on Friday, but with all this snow, it kind of sucks being on the same level with all those two-wheel drive cars and Jeeps out there (During the recent snow fall(s), the most frequent vehicle I saw having trouble in the snow were Jeep Grand Cherokees)

Thanks for any suggestions, info, etc.

Ben

·
on line
232 Posts
I just got back from the dealership and they said that my diff lock control unit is out. I honestly don't know why this would throw ABS, VDC, and SLIP faults but I'm not the engineer. The part should be coming in a few days. In the mean time, no ABS or traction control. My 4wd is working though. Friggen electronics!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts