Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 3" long screw in my tire close to home.
The light came on within about 3 miles.
I checked the pressure immediately.
It was @27psi.
I went back home and plugged the tire.
The light went out right away after I plugged the tire.
I have had other vehicles with TPMS and was not so happy with the results.
My 2011 X really,really works.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
did the 20 second loud beep when the light came on scare the crap out of you like it did for me the first time i heard it??

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not hear a beep.
The newer ones may not have that anymore.:dontknow:

·
on line
2,305 Posts
Beep was only the first year or two.
I had the light come on once while going camping. Driving a gravel road and noticed the light was on. Stopped and could hear the air coming out a big hole in the tire. I am sure it saved the tire. the road was bad enough that you couldn't really tell if a tire was flat. I remember as a kid we would take gravel roads like this and when you pulled onto asphalt there was suddenly something very wrong. The usual thing was a destroyed tire from driving on it flat for too long. So yes, it does work.

Several years ago I was in a friends Armada pulling a trailer when the light came on. Pulled into a rest area a few miles down the road. Everything felt fine, but a rear tire was nearly flat. That could have ended very badly loosing a rear tire while towing at highway speeds.

I don't know why people dog the TPMS so much. I find it to be a very effective system.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
My last X had the TPMS light on for over 2 years after the first timed I aired down. It was uselss. My current X however works great. It came on earlier this week and I was at 33 PSI in one tire and everything else was at 35. Aired them up to 36 and the light went off. I was surprised it actually did its job.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is why:

I don't know why people dog the TPMS so much. I find it to be a very effective system.
My last X had the TPMS light on for over 2 years after the first timed I aired down. It was useless. My current X however works great. It came on earlier this week and I was at 33 PSI in one tire and everything else was at 35. Aired them up to 36 and the light went off. I was surprised it actually did its job.
My previous experience with TPMS on other vehicles left me with doubts about how well it worked.
I was very surprised that this vehicle has a system that works well.
Congrats Nissan:salute:

·
on line
2,044 Posts
tpms is a great invention.... on my km2's it worked 2X when I also had screws...... some people don't know that if you have a nail or screw on your tire and you reach highway speeds it can cause your tire to blow...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts